Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Designare with Mojave 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
@UtterDisbelief
OK. Before I do anything, Do I need to keep adding @... for you to see these posts?
When @pastrychef sent his last EFI folder, I unzipped it and moved it from the downloads folder to my desktop, where it still is.

Then I mounted the hidden EFI partition and deleted that EFI folder.
He asked me to change one text for another text, which I did and then put the newly modified folder into the EFI partition. It was copied over. I umounted (I'm using Clover Config to do this) the partition and rebooted.

Screen shot attached below.
You can see the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is in the folder not the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
So that confuses me.

Besides the 4799 folder, did any of those screen shots tell you anything else?

I will now TRY to fix things per your instructions above.
just hit the reply button like i just did :)

Is this the correct folder?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 11.32.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 11.32.37 AM.png
    343.1 KB · Views: 39
@UtterDisbelief
OK. Before I do anything, Do I need to keep adding @... for you to see these posts?
When @pastrychef sent his last EFI folder, I unzipped it and moved it from the downloads folder to my desktop, where it still is.

Then I mounted the hidden EFI partition and deleted that EFI folder.
He asked me to change one text for another text, which I did and then put the newly modified folder into the EFI partition. It was copied over. I umounted (I'm using Clover Config to do this) the partition and rebooted.

Screen shot attached below.
You can see the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi is in the folder not the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi.
So that confuses me.

Besides the 4799 folder, did any of those screen shots tell you anything else?

I will now TRY to fix things per your instructions above.

Yes an @ before the name ensures the person involved gets a notification.

With nothing but the 4799 folder to go on I could see the AptioMemoryFix-64.efi but not the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. Maybe the script was originally run before you changed etc.

With @pastrychef 's EFI folder you should mount the EFI partition, rename the original folder to something like "EFI-ORIG" then drag it to desktop as a backup, delete the original and empty Trash. Finally drag @pastrychef 's folder into place. Reboot.

True, some of your settings may be lost, but we can always add them back later once the system is repaired.

OK.
I have removed those kexts and ran the terminal command.

I have removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext and XHC-unsupported.kext from Library/Extensions.
I do not see any duplicates in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
The hidden partition is mounted and open.
Attached are two screen shots.
You can see that the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 11.42.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 11.42.05 AM.png
    278.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 11.42.24 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 11.42.24 AM.png
    273.7 KB · Views: 32
With @pastrychef 's EFI folder you should mount the EFI partition, rename the original folder to something like "EFI-ORIG" then drag it to desktop as a backup, delete the original and empty Trash. Finally drag @pastrychef 's folder into place.
It's too late for that. Moving forward that's what I will do.

Command-lines in place:
Boot args: dart=0 -alcbeta -lilubetaall keepsyms=1 -wegbeta -no_compat_check debug=0x100 -vsmcbeta -disablegfxfirmware . I would try with just: dart=0 then maybe add keepsyms=1
Where do I find these commands? Config plist?

I've opened the Config plist with BBEdit.
You want me to delete what's hi-lighted?
Should there be any space after Dart=0?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 11.57.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 11.57.08 AM.png
    330.7 KB · Views: 39
OK.
I made the changes to the Config plist.
First only Dart=0. When the machine rebooted there was no Start End, Start End text on the Apple Boot screen but it hung at the end of the timeline. Then added -keepsyms=1 to that same line in the Boot args.
No change. A nice clean boot screen but it hung at the end.

OK.
I thought I'd boot into safe mode and try the file dump again.
Two files attached below.

Attachments

• debug_707.zip
    369.1 KB · Views: 32
  • debug_21993.zip
    611 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back