Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH sound in Sierra? Your procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (F22g)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Hi folks,
I'm just curious how those with this motherboard like tonymacx86 (hint) have gotten audio to work under Sierra? The procedure I've had to come up with seems a little redundant but works.
My procedure:
a) After a successful install of Sierra wether it be Mulltibeast 9 or 9.01 I make my choices including for sound the Realtek ACL-1150 and Series 100 Audio. On reboot, when I check System Prefs -> Sound I have no device entries in either input or output.
b) At this point I run audio_cloverALC-120_V1.0b0.command and reboot.
c) Now I have devices stipulated in both Sound input and output (not the internal speakers in output) but I still don't have sound output coming from the rear panel (green) audio output jack of the MB.
d) At this point I rerun Multibeast 9 or 9.01 making all the same selections again as above and once again including Realtek ACL-1150 and Series 100 again and proceed with the build. At the end of the successful build I reboot. Now when I look in Sound I have the correct first entry of Internal Speakers which is now routed to the green rear panel audio jack and I finally have sound.

Just curious as to what procedure others are successfully using to get sound under Sierra for the GA-170X-UD5 TH? Thanks.
Note: If memory serves me correctly if I just skip step a and go directly though steps b and c after the Sierra install I still had no sound.

Successful end result:
Screen Shot 2016-11-07 at 9.35.22 AM.png

Last edited:
My question is, does the input for mic work? I have tried everything but no luck. Right new I have a usb from the mic.
Louis

Hi folks,
I'm just curious how those with this motherboard like tonymacx86 (hint) have gotten audio to work under Sierra? The procedure I've had to come up with seems a little redundant but works.
My procedure:
a) After a successful install of Sierra wether it be Mulltibeast 9 or 9.01 I make my choices including for sound the Realtek ACL-1150 and Series 100 Audio. On reboot, when I check System Prefs -> Sound I have no device entries in either input or output.
b) At this point I run audio_cloverALC-120_V1.0b0.command and reboot.
c) Now I have devices stipulated in both Sound input and output (not the internal speakers in output) but I still don't have sound output coming from the rear panel (green) audio output jack of the MB.
d) At this point I rerun Multibeast 9 or 9.01 making all the same selections again as above and once again including Realtek ACL-1150 and Series 100 again and proceed with the build. At the end of the successful build I reboot. Now when I look in Sound I have the correct first entry of Internal Speakers which is now routed to the green rear panel audio jack and I finally have sound.

Just curious as to what procedure others are successfully using to get sound under Sierra for the GA-170X-UD5 TH? Thanks.
Note: If memory serves me correctly if I just skip step a and go directly though steps b and c after the Sierra install I still had no sound.

Successful end result:
View attachment 219430
My system behaves exactly the same way. I have audio from the blak connector but not from the green one. will try this fix as soon as I get home. hope this works for me too!

don't have sound output coming from the rear panel (green)
Reality: MultiBeast 9 and cloverALC-120 install the same audio files, use one or the other.
AppleHDA does not enable external audio amps (green ports). Try CodecCommander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back