5450 ati radeon
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
  • GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD5 (rev. 1.0) Help
  • CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (PC4 21300) Desktop Memory Model CMK16GX4M2A2666C16
  • Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 GHz
  • Nvidia GTX 670 (This will be used after install due to needing web drivers and coda drivers so maybe irrelevant to issue)
Followed these settings
1. To access BIOS/UEFI Setup, press and hold Delete on a USB Keyboard while the system is booting up
2. Load Optimized Defaults
3. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
4. If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
5. If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
6. Set OS Type to Other OS
7. If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it
8. Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled
9. If you have a 6 series or x58 system with AWARD BIOS, disable USB 3.0
10. Save and exit.

I did upgrade bios between first working install and this last time but did try installing during second before and after upgrade.

I recently upgraded my hardware and was able to get 10.11.4 El Capitan installed. I ran into issues after post install of multbeast 8.2.2. Issues with usb, not all of my ram being read, and finder constantly freezing. So i started over trying to get yosemite installed. But my hardware is not compatible. So now trying to go back to 10.11 hasn't been possible. This time I'm on 10.11.5. and I keep getting errors in verbose mode. first was with bluetooth not being able to connect to bluetooth transport controller not connecting. I connected my usb bluetooth and fixed that. but now Im getting stuck here.
IMG_0404.jpg

I can't really help with your problem, but I have a very similar system and it seems to be working now, though booting from the internal drive has been very unstable, sometimes it works and sometimes it reboots half way through the process. Booting from the USB drive has been working so far, but without internal audio (I have a Blackmagic Decklink card, so it isn't really a problem for me).
Anyway, I have a Nvidia GTX650, which I used during the install and it's being recognised by the OS and apparently working fine. I haven't installed the web drivers yet, not sure if I need to and I'm bit afraid of breaking something.
The following were very helpful with my install, if you're not aware of them:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/

Good luck.

So my issue was on ssd. which apparently had an efi partition with clover installed and was booting from there instead of my usb. I found this out when i removed my usb and let the computer attempt to boot which only had the sad connected (which i thought was completely wiped) booted to the clover page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back