GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Designare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I have The GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Designare Motherboard Also. I have a few problems:
1. Only 1 of the two network card works
2. I still have not fixed Imessage or face time
3. I am waiting for a cable to fix My sound card to my amp
I need help with the network card because I am relatively new to clover. I like Clover A lot more, but the learning curve
is pretty steep.
Any help would be great.

Hi
I have The GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Designare Motherboard Also. I have a few problems:
1. Only 1 of the two network card works
2. I still have not fixed Imessage or face time
3. I am waiting for a cable to fix My sound card to my amp
I need help with the network card because I am relatively new to clover. I like Clover A lot more, but the learning curve
is pretty steep.
Any help would be great.

Your board has 2 Intel NICs. Which kext are you using? Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

My Configuration:

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Designare @ F20 BIOS
INTEL Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz 1151 BOX
2 x HyperX 32GB Predator DDR4 3000MHz CL15 KIT HX430C15PB3K2/32
PALIT NE5X75T00941H GTX750Ti 2GB GDDR5 KalmX PICE

I have followed official installation guide on this forum with couple of changes and I got everything working except some issues with Thunderbolt 3 controller.

I have creating bootable USB drive using Unibest with UEFI Boot Mode option.

I have booted from USB installation drive after installation and booted my newly installed macOS installation. Network adapter was not working so I had to use USB drive with software needed to complete the following steps.

After installation I have configured the system with Multibeast using following options:
sMOwGjC.png

Since I am using dedicated Nvidia card I have updated my Clover configuration using Clover Configurator and enabled NvidiaWeb and nvda_drv=1:
sCyzeoz.png

dMtw0GA.png

I have installed Nvidia web drivers using download links from here and downloaded Clover installer in order to update the installation with EmuVariableUefi-64 since NVRAM was not saving option to use Nvidia Web drivers instead of apple ones.

ypFmiEb.png

After this I have restarted and booted from newly installed OS for the first time.

Everything was working except built-in audio. To fix that I used Multibeast again, choosing only ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio and after restart that was working too.

I have Thunderbolt 2 audio interface (Clarett 4 Pre) and it is not working. There is a post about same issue with same hardware here: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare Thunderbolt Support Focusrite 4pre (help)

Does anyone have thunderbolt 3 and 2 devices working on this motherboard? There are some post about external drives working but I am interested if anyone has Thunderbolt 2 audio interface working with F20 BIOS version.

Any help would be welcome :)
Hi,

nvda_drv=1 is not used in macOS Sierra, try installing Clover without it.
My Configuration:

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Designare @ F20 BIOS
INTEL Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz 1151 BOX
2 x HyperX 32GB Predator DDR4 3000MHz CL15 KIT HX430C15PB3K2/32
PALIT NE5X75T00941H GTX750Ti 2GB GDDR5 KalmX PICE

I have followed official installation guide on this forum with couple of changes and I got everything working except some issues with Thunderbolt 3 controller.

I have creating bootable USB drive using Unibest with UEFI Boot Mode option.

I have booted from USB installation drive after installation and booted my newly installed macOS installation. Network adapter was not working so I had to use USB drive with software needed to complete the following steps.

After installation I have configured the system with Multibeast using following options:
sMOwGjC.png

Since I am using dedicated Nvidia card I have updated my Clover configuration using Clover Configurator and enabled NvidiaWeb and nvda_drv=1:
sCyzeoz.png

dMtw0GA.png

I have installed Nvidia web drivers using download links from here and downloaded Clover installer in order to update the installation with EmuVariableUefi-64 since NVRAM was not saving option to use Nvidia Web drivers instead of apple ones.

ypFmiEb.png

After this I have restarted and booted from newly installed OS for the first time.

Everything was working except built-in audio. To fix that I used Multibeast again, choosing only ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio and after restart that was working too.

I have Thunderbolt 2 audio interface (Clarett 4 Pre) and it is not working. There is a post about same issue with same hardware here: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare Thunderbolt Support Focusrite 4pre (help)

Does anyone have thunderbolt 3 and 2 devices working on this motherboard? There are some post about external drives working but I am interested if anyone has Thunderbolt 2 audio interface working with F20 BIOS version.

Any help would be welcome :)

I`ve been trying for a week to install Sierra on a new build with this mobo, but no luck. My thread is here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/stuck-at-apple-logo-image-of-verbose-text-inside.218964/

I`m stuck at the progress bar with 80% filled up, and then it hangs. What was the steps you guys followed to be able to install with this mobo?
Make sure you've selected
KernelPm in the Clover boot options kernel and kext patches section. If that's no go select
AsusAICPUPM as well...

Both of these are already selected along with "AppleRTC".

Attachments

• Shane’s iMac.ioreg
    6.4 MB · Views: 211
Same problem here: only one network port is working AND much more important: I only get 50MB/s on the working port where I should get 120MB/s (tested on another machine with the same connection)

Hello Violet Dragon
Here is my IO reg file
I have no sound coming from the rear audio jack.
I have sound coming from the headphone jack
Only one of my network ports work
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Ethernet is coming under GLAN and shows it is working. Where are you installing IntelMausi to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back