1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My Configuration:

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Designare @ F20 BIOS
INTEL Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz 1151 BOX
2 x HyperX 32GB Predator DDR4 3000MHz CL15 KIT HX430C15PB3K2/32
PALIT NE5X75T00941H GTX750Ti 2GB GDDR5 KalmX PICE

I have followed official installation guide on this forum with couple of changes and I got everything working except some issues with Thunderbolt 3 controller.

I have creating bootable USB drive using Unibest with UEFI Boot Mode option.

I have booted from USB installation drive after installation and booted my newly installed macOS installation. Network adapter was not working so I had to use USB drive with software needed to complete the following steps.

After installation I have configured the system with Multibeast using following options:
sMOwGjC.png

Since I am using dedicated Nvidia card I have updated my Clover configuration using Clover Configurator and enabled NvidiaWeb and nvda_drv=1:
sCyzeoz.png

dMtw0GA.png

I have installed Nvidia web drivers using download links from here and downloaded Clover installer in order to update the installation with EmuVariableUefi-64 since NVRAM was not saving option to use Nvidia Web drivers instead of apple ones.

ypFmiEb.png

After this I have restarted and booted from newly installed OS for the first time.

Everything was working except built-in audio. To fix that I used Multibeast again, choosing only ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio and after restart that was working too.

I have Thunderbolt 2 audio interface (Clarett 4 Pre) and it is not working. There is a post about same issue with same hardware here: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare Thunderbolt Support Focusrite 4pre (help)

Does anyone have thunderbolt 3 and 2 devices working on this motherboard? There are some post about external drives working but I am interested if anyone has Thunderbolt 2 audio interface working with F20 BIOS version.

Any help would be welcome :)

Hello, Tried these settings and it boots with a blank screen. After I upgraded my Bios to F20 I haven’t been able to get the Nvidia drivers for macOS Sierra10.12.1 or 10.12.2 to work. I noticed that you used nvda_drv=1 which is not used in macOS Sierra.

What Nvidia resolutions work on your setup?

These are the Alternate NVIDIA Graphics Drivers I’ve tried:
WebDriver-367.15.10.15f03 for macOS Sierra 10.12.1
WebDriver-367.15.10.25f01 for macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Hello, Tried these settings and it boots with a blank screen. After I upgraded my Bios to F20 I haven’t been able to get the Nvidia drivers for macOS Sierra10.12.1 or 10.12.2 to work. I noticed that you used nvda_drv=1 which is not used in macOS Sierra.

What Nvidia resolutions work on your setup?

These are the Alternate NVIDIA Graphics Drivers I’ve tried:
WebDriver-367.15.10.15f03 for macOS Sierra 10.12.1
WebDriver-367.15.10.25f01 for macOS Sierra 10.12.2

Are you using iMac14,2 profile? I have tried with never ones ant it was not working.
Another key thing to make this working is to download clover installer and add *EmuVariableUefi-64* because without that option to use Nvidia Web drivers will not be saved. I know that nvda_drv=1 is not used anymore but I have put it there nevertheless. I am not sure if it has any affect.

4K resolution works fine.

Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 17.33.30.png

SOLVED: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare F20 Bios update & macOS Sierra 10.12.1 & 10.12.2 Nvidia Drivers

Hello, The Nividia Drivers are sticking now:)

I was using the iMac14,2 profile from the default UniBeast/MultiBeast setup.
UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC.

I did another clean install since I had tried so many Clover Configurator configurations variations prior. I left the nvda_drv=1 disabled since it's not needed. For some reason I had to run Clover Configurator twice because the NvidiaWeb check box didn't stick after the first time I ran it, so double check to see that it's still checked after rebooting.

The 2 settingss that really helped were Drivers > USB > Increase Max Port Limit in MultiBeast, now my USB 3.0 devices are recognized on all USB ports.

Adding the Custom: Clover EFI v2 Drivers64UEFI > EmuVariableUefi-64 made the Nvidia Sierra 10.12.1 Drivers stick. I then installed the macOS Sierra 10.12.2 update and then updated the NVIDIA Web Driver: 367.15.10.25f01 for macOS Sierra 10.12.2 and everthing is working now, even sound!

Sorry I can't help with the thunderbolt 3 issues since I don't have any of those devices.

Thanks for the help!
SM

I also have a Z170X-Designare.

However I first installed it with the F2 version of the firmware, got it all to work, also fixed the 530 glitch (running Sierra). But then I figured I tried updating the BIOS firmware, got it updated to F20, but now I get kernel panics when booting.
I thought I had all settings in the BIOS correct again, but there must be something that is not correct.

Do you know if you have something more set different in the BIOS when using default optimised defaults and the usual Clover settings?

If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it
If your system has CFG-Lock, disable it
If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it
Set OS Type to Other OS
If your system has IO SerialPort, disable it
Set XHCI Handoff to Enabled

Thanks in advance!

However I first installed it with the F2 version of the firmware, got it all to work, also fixed the 530 glitch (running Sierra). But then I figured I tried updating the BIOS firmware, got it updated to F20, but now I get kernel panics when booting.

Did you already check the PSA: Gigabyte F20B BIOS changes topic for possible solutions?

Did you already check the PSA: Gigabyte F20B BIOS changes topic for possible solutions?
Thanks for the tip!

I installed everything again, but now I did not install the 530 driver in Unibeast.
Now it works, but without graphics acceleration (the graphics acceleration did work with the F2 version of the BIOS).
After this I activated "KernelPM", but "Patch APIC" was already active (?).
Do you think I can now activate the 530 driver again safely?

Also, but probably unrelated, I have no sound devices, even though I activated the 1150 and 100 series drivers in Multibeast.
Any tips on this as well?

Thanks in advance!

I installed everything again, but now I did not install the 530 driver in Unibeast.
Now it works, but without graphics acceleration (the graphics acceleration did work with the F2 version of the BIOS).
After this I activated "KernelPM", but "Patch APIC" was already active (?).
Do you think I can now activate the 530 driver again safely?

You can enable it. But before proceeding with any step, please attach your config.plist

Also, but probably unrelated, I have no sound devices, even though I activated the 1150 and 100 series drivers in Multibeast.
Any tips on this as well?
There is a separate script available for Sierra ALC 1150 Audio. Have a try with that if you are failing with MultiBeast.
Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Hi,

nvda_drv=1 is not used in macOS Sierra, try installing Clover without it.

My Configuration:

I have followed official installation guide on this forum with couple of changes and I got everything working except some issues with Thunderbolt 3 controller.

I have booted from USB installation drive after installation and booted my newly installed macOS installation. Network adapter was not working so I had to use USB drive with software needed to complete the following steps.

After installation I have configured the system with Multibeast using following options:
sMOwGjC.png

Since I am using dedicated Nvidia card I have updated my Clover configuration using Clover Configurator and enabled NvidiaWeb and nvda_drv=1:
sCyzeoz.png

dMtw0GA.png

I have installed Nvidia web drivers using download links from here and downloaded Clover installer in order to update the installation with EmuVariableUefi-64 since NVRAM was not saving option to use Nvidia Web drivers instead of apple ones.

ypFmiEb.png

After this I have restarted and booted from newly installed OS for the first time.

Everything was working except built-in audio. To fix that I used Multibeast again, choosing only ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio and after restart that was working too.

I have Thunderbolt 2 audio interface (Clarett 4 Pre) and it is not working. There is a post about same issue with same hardware here: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare Thunderbolt Support Focusrite 4pre (help)

Does anyone have thunderbolt 3 and 2 devices working on this motherboard? There are some post about external drives working but I am interested if anyone has Thunderbolt 2 audio interface working with F20 BIOS version.

My Configuration:

sMOwGjC.png

sCyzeoz.png

dMtw0GA.png

ypFmiEb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back