HD 530
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey guys,

I've got macOS installed on this board with an i7 6700, but I just can't get the integrated graphics to work...it's so wierd I'll attach a photo of where it goes into a reboot loop, dvmt is allocated at 64mb in the BIOS, inject Intel and device properties have been added in the config.plist along with an ig-platform-if of 19120000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks!

Attachments

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
Core i7-6700K
Graphics
EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition
Mac
Mac Pro
Hello, I am doing video edition with Resolve and all my media are store on a RAID lacie disk using thunderbolt 2. Will that work with that mother card ? I mean you guys seems to manage it but my use of the thunderbolt will be of tremendous importance since all my video files will be on the lacie disk and thus used in realtime, so I need to be sure this is the mother card best suited for my need. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Alexandre

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 950Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm using the port closest to the PS2 port as well, that one seems to have the pass trough enabled. My setup consists of:
RX480 Displayport out -> Z170X Displayport in -> Z170X Thunderbolt out (next to the PS2 ports)

If you use the Integrated Graphics the other thunderbolt port (furthest from the PS2 port) should work out of the box
Just to confirm this, yes it's working OOB. It's also in the MB's manual page 20: the TYPEC_2 ThunderboltTM 3 connector can output video signals directly when a CPU with integrated graphics is installed

Motherboard
Z170X-Designare
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD 7870
Mac
iMac
Hi
I have The GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Designare Motherboard Also. I have a few problems:
1. Only 1 of the two network card works
2. I still have not fixed Imessage or face time
3. I am waiting for a cable to fix My sound card to my amp
I need help with the network card because I am relatively new to clover. I like Clover A lot more, but the learning curve
is pretty steep.
Any help would be great.

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI
CPU
Core i7-3770
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
MacBook, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android
Hi
I have The GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Designare Motherboard Also. I have a few problems:
1. Only 1 of the two network card works
2. I still have not fixed Imessage or face time
3. I am waiting for a cable to fix My sound card to my amp
I need help with the network card because I am relatively new to clover. I like Clover A lot more, but the learning curve
is pretty steep.
Any help would be great.
Your board has 2 Intel NICs. Which kext are you using? Attach ioreg. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Motherboard
GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE @F22 BIOS
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
Mac
Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
My Configuration:

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Designare @ F20 BIOS
INTEL Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz 1151 BOX
2 x HyperX 32GB Predator DDR4 3000MHz CL15 KIT HX430C15PB3K2/32
PALIT NE5X75T00941H GTX750Ti 2GB GDDR5 KalmX PICE

I have followed official installation guide on this forum with couple of changes and I got everything working except some issues with Thunderbolt 3 controller.

I have creating bootable USB drive using Unibest with UEFI Boot Mode option.

I have booted from USB installation drive after installation and booted my newly installed macOS installation. Network adapter was not working so I had to use USB drive with software needed to complete the following steps.

After installation I have configured the system with Multibeast using following options:

Since I am using dedicated Nvidia card I have updated my Clover configuration using Clover Configurator and enabled NvidiaWeb and nvda_drv=1:

I have installed Nvidia web drivers using download links from here and downloaded Clover installer in order to update the installation with EmuVariableUefi-64 since NVRAM was not saving option to use Nvidia Web drivers instead of apple ones.

After this I have restarted and booted from newly installed OS for the first time.

Everything was working except built-in audio. To fix that I used Multibeast again, choosing only ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio and after restart that was working too.

I have Thunderbolt 2 audio interface (Clarett 4 Pre) and it is not working. There is a post about same issue with same hardware here: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare Thunderbolt Support Focusrite 4pre (help)

Does anyone have thunderbolt 3 and 2 devices working on this motherboard? There are some post about external drives working but I am interested if anyone has Thunderbolt 2 audio interface working with F20 BIOS version.

Any help would be welcome :)
Hi,

nvda_drv=1 is not used in macOS Sierra, try installing Clover without it.
My Configuration:

GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-Designare @ F20 BIOS
INTEL Core i7-6700K 4.00GHz 1151 BOX
2 x HyperX 32GB Predator DDR4 3000MHz CL15 KIT HX430C15PB3K2/32
PALIT NE5X75T00941H GTX750Ti 2GB GDDR5 KalmX PICE

I have followed official installation guide on this forum with couple of changes and I got everything working except some issues with Thunderbolt 3 controller.

I have creating bootable USB drive using Unibest with UEFI Boot Mode option.

I have booted from USB installation drive after installation and booted my newly installed macOS installation. Network adapter was not working so I had to use USB drive with software needed to complete the following steps.

After installation I have configured the system with Multibeast using following options:

Since I am using dedicated Nvidia card I have updated my Clover configuration using Clover Configurator and enabled NvidiaWeb and nvda_drv=1:

I have installed Nvidia web drivers using download links from here and downloaded Clover installer in order to update the installation with EmuVariableUefi-64 since NVRAM was not saving option to use Nvidia Web drivers instead of apple ones.

After this I have restarted and booted from newly installed OS for the first time.

Everything was working except built-in audio. To fix that I used Multibeast again, choosing only ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio and after restart that was working too.

I have Thunderbolt 2 audio interface (Clarett 4 Pre) and it is not working. There is a post about same issue with same hardware here: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare Thunderbolt Support Focusrite 4pre (help)

Does anyone have thunderbolt 3 and 2 devices working on this motherboard? There are some post about external drives working but I am interested if anyone has Thunderbolt 2 audio interface working with F20 BIOS version.

Any help would be welcome :)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-ULTRA GAMING
CPU
i7 6600k
Graphics
HD530
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I`ve been trying for a week to install Sierra on a new build with this mobo, but no luck. My thread is here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/stuck-at-apple-logo-image-of-verbose-text-inside.218964/

I`m stuck at the progress bar with 80% filled up, and then it hangs. What was the steps you guys followed to be able to install with this mobo?
Make sure you've selected
KernelPm in the Clover boot options kernel and kext patches section. If that's no go select
AsusAICPUPM as well...

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-DESIGNARE
CPU
Intel Core i7-7700K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Both of these are already selected along with "AppleRTC".