Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Z170MX gaming 5 audio works but on the wrong port

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the exact MOBO running 10.12, I got my audio working by running Toleda's cloverALC patch, all the ports work correctly along with the Optical port as well.

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Scroll down to section - A. Installation, and download the "audio_cloverALC-120.command"
once downloaded, mount your EFI partition, and proceed to run the patch (Double click: Downloads/audio_cloverALC-120.command). Mark yes (y) for all the options, and let it do its thing. Once finished, reboot and test your audio ports again.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Edit: Just read your update, if your front audio work through Windows and Linux then I too doubt your front panel audio is defective so for now just set that notion to the side and concentrate on troubleshooting your Hackintosh.

Last edited:
I have the exact MOBO running 10.12, I got my audio working by running Toleda's cloverALC patch, all the ports work correctly along with the Optical port as well.

https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC

Scroll down to section - A. Installation, and download the "audio_cloverALC-120.command"
once downloaded, mount your EFI partition, and proceed to run the patch (Double click: Downloads/audio_cloverALC-120.command). Mark yes (y) for all the options, and let it do its thing. Once finished, reboot and test your audio ports again.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Edit: Just read your update, if your front audio work through Windows and Linux then I too doubt your front panel audio is defective so for now just set that notion to the side and concentrate on troubleshooting your Hackintosh.

thanks i have already testet with the Toleda's audio_cloverALC-120.command but hear is also the same...is also written that the multibeast method is the same as the audio_cloverALC-120.command, is written here insiede

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.143757/

I. MultiBeast Realtek ALC AppleHDA (MultiBeast 8 and newer, same as cloverALC method)

You can try please for me if when you have the front panel cable attached and the headphones are insiede on the front if than the headphones are working or only like on mine old front panel only the internal speakers, if so you have also this problem

(on my new pc front panel is Exactly inverted the headphones are working but the internal speakers not) the headphones and the internal speakers are never working together not with my old pc front panel not with the new front panel

Last edited:
Did you ever find out what the solution was?

the headphones and the internal speakers are never working together not with my old pc front panel not with the new front panel
Not designed to work together, native AppleHDA.kext feature.

Hi
I have the same problem and although I have installed ALC1150 and 100 Series Audio with no audio devices plugged in and still the ports doesn't show correct not even work also I reboot several times. My mobo its in a G5 case with El Capitan and I have rewired the front panel, everything looks to work right except Audio.
I read the thread and still not figure out how to fix it.
Could you please give me a step by step to fix it?
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.15.47 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.15.47 PM.png
    87.6 KB · Views: 112
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.16.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.16.37 PM.png
    167.6 KB · Views: 113
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.17.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.17.05 PM.png
    165.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.17.26 PM.png