Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7-6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070 AERO 8G OC
Everything is working great except having no audio after waking from sleep. I know, I know...there's a hundred posts about this issue and a sticky thread on how to solve the issue. My problem is I am trying to solve the issue the same way I did on Sierra 10.12.6 but on High Sierra 10.13.1 it doesn't work. Not only does it not work, it's FUBARing my fresh install every time I try it. So, here goes:

I download the newest CodecCommander from here:

https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-eapd-codec-commander/downloads/

I make the edit from here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sleep-on-alc-1150-codeccommander-kext.197498/

I drop the edited CC kext into Kext Utility and after no more than a second or two my screen goes black, my computer reboots and I am greeted with the infamous white circle with a slash through it. Ripperoni fresh install! What am I doing wrong besides trying to fix what wasn't broken (changing from a perfect Sierra install to a painful High Sierra install)? Thanks!

Just the Text Editor that's in the list of what I can open the plist with native to High Sierra. Is that bad? Used to work before. I don't know. Maybe I'm messing something up.

Does everything else about my procedure seem fine? I think I'm doing it right but you never know. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Touché. I'll grab Xcode and try again. Should I show you my CC kext before I use it to make sure I did it right?

Well, I made the edit with Xcode, ran KextBeast, installed the newly edited CC kext to S/L/E and...black screen again. Won't boot. Just stuck on the Apple Logo. Another fresh install FUBARed. Great. I'm beginning to think that CodecCommander doesn't work with High Sierra 10.13.1 or something. Makes no sense. No idea what I can do. Screenshot of verbose boot attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20171119_133730631.jpg
    IMG_20171119_133730631.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 91
beginning to think that CodecCommander doesn't work with High Sierra 10.13.1
No problem with CodecCommander.kext in any version of macOS.
Whatever you did, a much worse problem is the result; remone.

Well, then those edits are no longer good for High Sierra. I have no idea what could be going wrong. This is exactly what I used to do for Sierra and now it doesn't work. All well, I'm done messing with it. It doesn't work. I'll just live with restarting my computer if it ever falls asleep. Hopefully someone with the same motherboard will post a solution eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back