Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 / AppleIntelE1000e not working

Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD5 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU
i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Quad-Core Desktop Processor
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 620 1024MB DDR3 Dual DVI, mHDMI Graphics Card 01G-P3-2621-KR
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just built a new system and am beginning to regret this motherboard choice. My last setup was so easy (GA-EX58-UD5) I guess I got spoiled.

I installed 10.8.2 using Unibeast. No problems with the install. I edited the org.chameleon.Boot.plist to add npci=x3000 and PCIRootUID=0 otherwise it gets stuck while booting.

So far, so good. At this point everything is working except audio and network. Everything I read seems to indicate that the wired ethernet should work with Unibeast but no luck. I downloaded the latest AppleIntelE1000e.kext (v2.2.14) and replaced the one that Unibeast installed. Rebooted and still no luck.

System Information indicates that the ethernet adapter has been found. It identifies the VendorID as 0x8086 and the DeviceID as 0x1503 which is correct. I've confirmed the MAC address as reported in System Information with what the BIOS reports. So the OS is definitely seeing the adapter. I've also confirmed that it is loading the AppleIntelE1000e kext.

All that said, I've got no network. The network settings reports "Ethernet is currently active and has the IP address 169.254.232.190". The lights on the back of the motherboard by the RJ45 connector are not lit.

Any ideas? I'm stumped. I've been using Hackintosh's since the very early days. This is my 4th machine I've built/configured.