Graphics
EVGA GEFORCE GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Does anyone have any experience or luck getting USB 3.0 to work on the Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 motherboard? I have everything in my build working except for USB 3.0. I have spent ALL day trying many things, to no avail. Thanks in advance for any help!

Does anyone have any experience or luck getting USB 3.0 to work on the Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 motherboard? I have everything in my build working except for USB 3.0. I have spent ALL day trying many things, to no avail. Thanks in advance for any help!

The fact you could install macOS Sierra on that Motherboard is a great accomplishment.:clap: You are one of the few rare success storiesn this Forum if you make a search.

In my opinion, RehabMan could be the Guru who can save you from your current predicament of non- functioning default USB 3.0 ports on the motherboard :).
I hope he will walk you through to creating DSDT/SSDT to get your default USB 3.0 ports working or else you may need to get a USB 3.0 PCIE card that works in Sierra.

Thank you! Yes, but I will tell you it has not been without much persistence and experience in the Hackintosh world, that's for sure. This about my 10th build / upgrade and this is for one of my friends I set this up for many years ago, and now she is needing the latest and greatest OS in Sierra. I was actually able to get to the installer using the traditional UniBeast and Clover method and it's been a pretty trying process from there, over the last couple of weeks, on and off. I'll look up RehabMan and see what we can pull together. It has to be possible! I seriously have everything else humming along on this combo, although I am cheating a bit with a USB sound card, but hey, it works! Thanks for the reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back