Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370
CPU
I7-8700k
Graphics
AMD 850
I have the following running a MAC OS X and Win 7 Ultimate dual boot system with 2 distinct hard drives:

Gigabyte X58A-UD3r ver 2.0, Bios FE
LG SATA DVD/CD burner
2x WD Black Caviar SATA 7200 RPM hard drives
12 Gig Patriot Viper II, Sector 7 RAM (6x2GB chips)
XFX 5850 OC
Logitech C310 webcam

I followed tonymacx86 iBoot & MultiBeast install and everything ran perfectly the first time. I left all RAM in during initial install. I used the FD bios version for my board. I needed to use Bootloader ATI Kabyl or else PC would not be able to load OS. I used Lnx2Mac for Ethernet. ** Initially ethernet didn't work in Win 7 - after I closed out of Win 7 I had to not just power off PC but I had to turn off power at power supply - I only had to do this once and now Win7 ethernet is perfect **. I can wake from sleep without a problem. Webcam is automatically detected and the microphone seems to work however when I tried to Skype friends, they couldn't hear me. All audio settings were confirmed. I connected an external mic and that is taking the place of the webcam mic.

I'm getting GeekBench 32bit results at ~ 9400.

You're having better luck than me then...

I have the following:

Gigabyte X58A-UD3r ver 2.0, Bios FD
Sony SATA DVD/CD burner
2x WD Blue Caviar SATA 7200 RPM 500GB hard drives
6 GB G-skill RAM (3x2GB)
Nvidia GTX 470
Intel Core i7 processor
Edimax 7128g PCI Adapter (Wireless Card)

Had a working windows 7 install on one drive, removed the drive from the machine, and installed Snow Leopard by following the iBoot + Multi Beast guide. I used the iBootGE to get my 470 working properly though. The OS X install worked, however, I do not have wireless or sound.

The wireless and sound issues I'm not too terribly worried about, I can work them out. Although, did you use the Realtex ALC8xx option within Multi Beast when installing? I did, no dice.

The much bigger problem is that I reconnected my win7 HD after the install and used chameleon to try and boot into Windows. I get the ''Starting Windows..." screen for about ten seconds then it flashes a BSOD quickly and the machine reboots.

Startup Repair (surprisingly :rolleyes: ) does nothing to repair my Windows7 install, but when looking at the repair details, I noticed that my drive (which was, before the OS X install, identified as C:\) is identified as D:\. In other words, the drive letter designation has changed....curious.

So, am I doomed? Is it time to reinstall Windows?

I'm posting this here rather than in a separate thread because I hope to get some feedback from you, elansp, regarding your install, but feedback from anyone else is greatly appreciated.

A couple of thoughts:

1 - Sound - yes I used Multibeast but you needed to highlight both the Realtek ALC8xxxHDA option and the AppleHDA Rollback option.

2 - Wireless - can't help with this since I used wired ethernet. Have a look at the various forums.

3 - Dual boot - doing one HD at a time is the way to go. I first installed OS X then installed Win7. Make sure you use OS X bios settings for your Win7 setup. I think this is why you had issues with setup repair, etc. This happened to me when I installed Win7 under stock BIOS settings. Drive letter designation may have changed because BIOS boot priority changed. Personally, I'd reformat and reinstall. MAke sure you backup your Win7 data that you don't want to loose.

Good luck...

Have you been able to get this card card to work in 64 bit with everything else working perfectly?

Thank you.

All-

For those who have asked, with the above setup and new aftermarket cooler (see details in my profile), I'm running 64bit OS X 10.6.6 and have an air cooled overclock @ 3.97ghz yielding a 32 bit GeekBench result of almost 11,800. My room is @ a balmy 70 degrees Fahrenheit and my CPU temperature is around 70-75 degrees Celsius.

------

OSX 10.6.6 / Win7 Dual Boot, Spire Thermax Eclipse2 HSF, 1 TB WD Black HD, 12 GB Patriot (6x2GB) Viper2 Sector 7 RAM : Currently OC running @ 3.97Ghz, GeekBench 32-bit score :11,781

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back