2x RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,
First time poster here, I have had the hackintosh up and running for a few months now and the only problem I seem to be having is the network port on the motherboard (GIGABYTE GA-P85-D3 LGA 1150 Intel B85).
The network card works on a fresh boot just fine, but when the ethernet connection gets unplugged then plugged in again, the network manager shows that the connection is back but I don't get a dhcp address. The only way to get the computer to get the ip address is to reboot the whole box.

I suspect that this is a driver issue. I have downloaded and tried the newest multi beast and tried both realtek drivers to no avail. Any recommendations?

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

Hey bud; I'm looking at buying the same motherboard did you fix the problem?

Thanks!

yes I finally did. But I had to do it manually. I first had to uninstall every other driver that I had installed for that ethernet port. All the ones from multi - beast and all the drivers from RealTek that I found on the web. I found some instructions on how to do that somewhere on the web... sorry don't remember the link. Then I downloaded and manually installed this driver

http://lnx2mac.blogspot.ca/p/realtekrtl81xx-osx-driver.html

Since then it has worked perfectly.

Hope this helps,
Matt

Hi i have the same board (rev 2.0) and im strugglin to install any osx on it
Can you please tell what osx and HOW you installed it
Best wishes

I stopped using that board a long time ago. It's super old. I spent a couple of $$$ and got the Designare Z390 and using the files on this thread got opencore running no problem.

I stopped using that board a long time ago. It's super old. I spent a couple of $$$ and got the Designare Z390 and using the files on this thread got opencore running no problem.

Sold it? What country are u in??

I still have it.
USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back