GeForce GTS 250 1024 MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I've successfully installed Yosemite onto my computer, with a Gigabyte motherboard GA-P55A-UD4P.

I'm now stuck at the Multibeast stage.

I've tried following the Multibeast configuration options as per these two threads:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/112906-p55a-ud4p-success.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/113438-gigabyte-p55-ud4p-success.html

- See my first image (IMG_3660.jpg) which shows the settings I've been using. For the DSDT.aml I've tried both the F10 and the F9 (I don't know which I need - how do I check?)

Multibeast seems to do its thing generally fine apart from 1 error afterwards that VoodooHDA.kext cannot be used (see image IMG_3661.JPG) - but I don't believe that should affect boot.

After installing, when I reboot, the bootloader automatically starts Yosemite and then it simply hangs on the Apple screen without the progress bar changing at all (IMG_3662.JPG).

Any idea what I may have missed/mis-configured?

Thanks!

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_3660.jpg
    IMG_3660.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3661.JPG
    IMG_3661.JPG
    777.1 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3662.JPG
    IMG_3662.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 79
Hi all,

I've successfully installed Yosemite onto my computer, with a Gigabyte motherboard GA-P55A-UD4P.

I'm now stuck at the Multibeast stage.

I've tried following the Multibeast configuration options as per these two threads:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/112906-p55a-ud4p-success.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/113438-gigabyte-p55-ud4p-success.html

- See my first image (IMG_3660.jpg) which shows the settings I've been using. For the DSDT.aml I've tried both the F10 and the F9 (I don't know which I need - how do I check?)

DSDT.aml should be for your running BIOS version.

Multibeast seems to do its thing generally fine apart from 1 error afterwards that VoodooHDA.kext cannot be used (see image IMG_3661.JPG) - but I don't believe that should affect boot.

I cannot see the VoodooHDA selection on your Multibeast from the attached image.

Also VoodooHDA will not be a perfect audio solution. Follow the below guide for enabling audio.

GUIDE : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

After installing, when I reboot, the bootloader automatically starts Yosemite and then it simply hangs on the Apple screen without the progress bar changing at all.

Any idea what I may have missed/mis-configured?

Boot with flag -v and a post clear photo of the entire frozen screen.

Thanks Jithin!

So I identified my BiOS and it said:
Main: F14
Backup: F8

The weird thing is, on the DSDT page (http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database.php), the only ones listed under my motherboard are F10 and F9 - can I use either of those?

A friend previously helped me get an older version of OSX running on it generally fine 3 years ago through lots of trial and error, but he's unsure how he did it.

Attached is an image of the end of my verbose boot (IMG_3666.JPG) - it looks like it is the AppleHDADriver it is failing on.
All I'm choosing is Realtek ALC889 (which is what the guides i followed suggested and is what my motherboard has - according to the manual) and none of the other options for that.

If I choose VoodooHDA 0.2.1 instead of ALC889 (I can't choose both - right?), then it doesn't give me any complaints after running Multibeast, but it seems to stop earlier in the boot process (see IMG_3670.JPG)

Thanks for the support!

Attachments

• IMG_3666.JPG
    IMG_3666.JPG
    605.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3670.JPG
    IMG_3670.JPG
    442.3 KB · Views: 71
Thanks Jithin!

So I identified my BiOS and it said:
Main: F14
Backup: F8

The weird thing is, on the DSDT page (http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt-database.php), the only ones listed under my motherboard are F10 and F9 - can I use either of those?

You have to use the one for your running version of BIOS

If I choose VoodooHDA 0.2.1 instead of ALC889 (I can't choose both - right?),

VoodooHDA will not be a perfect audio solution. Better try to enable audio with patched AppleHDA.kext. Guide linked on Post#2

then it doesn't give me any complaints after running Multibeast, but it seems to stop earlier in the boot process (see IMG_3670.JPG)

What are the options you had selected on Multibeast??

Which connection you are using for Monitor?? VGA not supported on Yosemite.

Use DVI/HDMI connection without converters.

Then try booting with "DSDT=null PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes IGPEnabler=No -f -v"

DSDT: I managed to find the file for my BiOS version - I was being an idiot and looking under P55 rather than P55A!

Here are my chosen Multibeast options:
Quick Start > UserDSDT - /Users/Steves/Desktop/DSDT.aml
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC889
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Since using that correct DSDT file + choosing Realtek ALC889, it didn't complain immediately after Multibeast installation, however, booting up still hangs at:

it: done [96 mb total pool size. (64/32) split]

If I don't try the audio thing yet (as you suggested), should that really prevent my computer from booting up?
It seems rather complicated from the tutorial - I'd have to try it later unless you think audio is what's causing this problem.

Thanks for the tip about the VGA! My screen is currently plugged into the DVI via a VGA adapter - I'm going to need to get a DVI cable and connect the computer to my TV screen if that is the case for Yosemite - Is it just at this install stage that I need to do that or is there any way to use VGA with Yosemite once everything is up and running? If not, I may have to reconsider this project, since my screens are just VGA.

Thanks!

DSDT: I managed to find the file for my BiOS version - I was being an idiot and looking under P55 rather than P55A!

Here are my chosen Multibeast options:
Quick Start > UserDSDT - /Users/Steves/Desktop/DSDT.aml
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC889
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Network > Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx v0.0.90
Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > GraphicsEnabler=Yes
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

Since using that correct DSDT file + choosing Realtek ALC889, it didn't complain immediately after Multibeast installation, however, booting up still hangs at:

it: done [96 mb total pool size. (64/32) split]

If I don't try the audio thing yet (as you suggested), should that really prevent my computer from booting up?
It seems rather complicated from the tutorial - I'd have to try it later unless you think audio is what's causing this problem.

Thanks for the tip about the VGA! My screen is currently plugged into the DVI via a VGA adapter - I'm going to need to get a DVI cable and connect the computer to my TV screen if that is the case for Yosemite - Is it just at this install stage that I need to do that or is there any way to use VGA with Yosemite once everything is up and running? If not, I may have to reconsider this project, since my screens are just VGA.

Thanks!

Some of the members reported that they can work with VGA with a converter. But i am not 100% sure on that.

You are not using the Multibeast for Yosemite.

Download latest Multibeast and install it.

I found this thread when googling for "yosemite GA-P55A-UD4P".

I've successfully installed 10.10.4 on my GA-P55A-UD4P today and had similar issue with yours where the boot process stops. Have you seen this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...8-yosemite-p55a-ud3-problems.html#post998934?

I fixed mine by checking the option in Multibeast for "AppleACPIPlatform Rollback" under "System" just like the post suggested. Hopefully this helps people who are on GA-P55A-UD4P and has similar issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back