Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H and build change, this will work good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Windows 7
CPU
Intel Core i5 4430 Haswell
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys!

So, i'm building a computer for hackintosh and I have used the guide of the site, actually, I'm not building from scratch, I have a PC and I'll only change some parts.

I'm buying:
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H LGA 1150 Box
Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz PC3-12800 - KVR16N11S8
SSD 240Gb Sata 3 Kingston V300

And i have:
Intel Core i5 4430 @ 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
500w Power

So, actually the only part that I will CHANGE is the motherboard, I have done a hackintosh before, worked but not so good because of my actual motherboard (Asus
H81M-A).

So, my question is, my build will work good? I think there's not incompatibility, but...

Sorry for the English, I'm not a native speaker. :rolleyes:

Hey guys!

So, i'm building a computer for hackintosh and I have used the guide of the site, actually, I'm not building from scratch, I have a PC and I'll only change some parts.

I'm buying:
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H LGA 1150 Box
Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz PC3-12800 - KVR16N11S8
SSD 240Gb Sata 3 Kingston V300

And i have:
Intel Core i5 4430 @ 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
500w Power

So, actually the only part that I will CHANGE is the motherboard, I have done a hackintosh before, worked but not so good because of my actual motherboard (Asus
H81M-A).

So, my question is, my build will work good? I think there's not incompatibility, but...

Sorry for the English, I'm not a native speaker. :rolleyes:

It will probably work, but two things to point out. The Kingston SSD spec has changed very drastically since they were first made available and they do not get even a third of the claimed speeds now. I suggest going for a Crucial, Sandisk or Samsung instead. They are much better. Mixing RAM types may give rise to instability and occasional freezing in OS X - so best use the same RAM models as before if you can. Otherwise it looks good. :thumbup:

It will probably work, but two things to point out. The Kingston SSD spec has changed very drastically since they were first made available and they do not get even a third of the claimed speeds now. I suggest going for a Crucial, Sandisk or Samsung instead. They are much better. Mixing RAM types may give rise to instability and occasional freezing in OS X - so best use the same RAM models as before if you can. Otherwise it looks good. :thumbup:

Thank you, I'll check that. Thanks for the tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back