Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H and build change, this will work good?

Motherboard
Windows 7
CPU
Intel Core i5 4430 Haswell
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey guys!

So, i'm building a computer for hackintosh and I have used the guide of the site, actually, I'm not building from scratch, I have a PC and I'll only change some parts.

I'm buying:
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H LGA 1150 Box
Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz PC3-12800 - KVR16N11S8
SSD 240Gb Sata 3 Kingston V300

And i have:
Intel Core i5 4430 @ 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
500w Power

So, actually the only part that I will CHANGE is the motherboard, I have done a hackintosh before, worked but not so good because of my actual motherboard (Asus
H81M-A).

So, my question is, my build will work good? I think there's not incompatibility, but...

Sorry for the English, I'm not a native speaker. :rolleyes:

Adrian B

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 5570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hey guys!

So, i'm building a computer for hackintosh and I have used the guide of the site, actually, I'm not building from scratch, I have a PC and I'll only change some parts.

I'm buying:
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H LGA 1150 Box
Kingston 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz PC3-12800 - KVR16N11S8
SSD 240Gb Sata 3 Kingston V300

And i have:
Intel Core i5 4430 @ 3.00GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
500w Power

So, actually the only part that I will CHANGE is the motherboard, I have done a hackintosh before, worked but not so good because of my actual motherboard (Asus
H81M-A).

So, my question is, my build will work good? I think there's not incompatibility, but...

Sorry for the English, I'm not a native speaker. :rolleyes:

It will probably work, but two things to point out. The Kingston SSD spec has changed very drastically since they were first made available and they do not get even a third of the claimed speeds now. I suggest going for a Crucial, Sandisk or Samsung instead. They are much better. Mixing RAM types may give rise to instability and occasional freezing in OS X - so best use the same RAM models as before if you can. Otherwise it looks good. :thumbup:

Motherboard
Windows 7
CPU
Intel Core i5 4430 Haswell
Graphics
GTX 660
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
It will probably work, but two things to point out. The Kingston SSD spec has changed very drastically since they were first made available and they do not get even a third of the claimed speeds now. I suggest going for a Crucial, Sandisk or Samsung instead. They are much better. Mixing RAM types may give rise to instability and occasional freezing in OS X - so best use the same RAM models as before if you can. Otherwise it looks good. :thumbup:

Thank you, I'll check that. Thanks for the tips!