Contribute
Register

GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI Will it wi-fi and some sound card / USB confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
osx
CPU
I5-3570
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
[h=1]Hello so I am going to build the the "CustoMac Mini Deluxe" . I just have a few questions and tips needed that my searching has not helped with.
[/h][h=1]
GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI
[/h] - Will the wi-fi work?
- Because of compatibility problems with USB3 and USB2 devices should I choose only to use USB2 (play it safe, as i don't need the speed)

[h=1]Sound Card[/h] - If I were to get an external USB sound, if it is meant of OSX could I assume it would work? (same with other usb products>)

I am going to get a I5-3570k, Can I assume that speed stepping will work if I install using UniBeast

Thanks for looking!

- Will the wi-fi work?
No. You need to replace it. I bought a Dell DW1515 (Atheros 9280 chip) of eBay for nearly nothing.

- Because of compatibility problems with USB3 and USB2 devices should I choose only to use USB2 (play it safe, as i don't need the speed)
Not really a problem. Just don't stick USB2 storage devices in the USB3 ports (nothing will happen if you do).

- If I were to get an external USB sound, if it is meant of OSX could I assume it would work? (same with other usb products>)
Yes. If it's compatible with OS X, it is. The onboard works fine though.

I am going to get a I5-3570k, Can I assume that speed stepping will work if I install using UniBeast
Yes.

No. You need to replace it. I bought a Dell DW1515 (Atheros 9280 chip) of eBay for nearly nothing.

Not really a problem. Just don't stick USB2 storage devices in the USB3 ports (nothing will happen if you do).

Yes. If it's compatible with OS X, it is. The onboard works fine though.

Yes.

Thank you perfect simple answer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back