1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Got it working by using the instructions given in the blog post on tonymac:
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -lion.html

You can (but you needn't) install xMove onto a blank USB flash drive if you want to install more computers or don't want to repeat the xMove procedure if something goes wrong and you have to reinstall.

I've used the Multibeast Settings attached to this post to get Lion working (you have to aply this settings before you boot into the installer), it's important that you don't choose any FakeSMC Plugins!!! Those things are causing kernel panics on Lion! If you stand upon your holy CPU and GPU temperature and you don't want to delete those plugins then continue using Snow Leopard and wait until they were updated.

For my graphics card, the Radeon HD 5850 I had to disable the GraphicsEnabler in com.apple.Boot.plist but QE/CI is working nevertheless - only difference: the card is recognized as "HD5000 Series" instead of "HD5800 Series" in 10.6.8
I will test if the Display Port is working, but on 10.6.8 I got it working by copying the 10.6.7-Kexts and rebuild the kextcache.

Good luck guys, and backup your data!

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-07-23 um 03.09.41.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-07-23 um 03.09.41.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 1,380
  • Bildschirmfoto 2011-07-23 um 03.19.31.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-07-23 um 03.19.31.png
    807 KB · Views: 1,430
my Bios version is F6 and I used the proper DSDT from tonymac database herer, but Sleep Mode doesn't work with this solution, the computer goes into sleep (shuts down harddrives and fans) but when you want to wake him up it spins up all drives and then goes back into sleep, monitor stays black.
Moreover this sleep issue is causing a CMOS rest, so better don't sleep your computer until I or somebody else found a solution. Maybe you wanna try other Bios versions?

For my graphics card HD 5850:
Display Port isn't working nor resolutions above 1920x1080 do.. copying the 10.6.7 kexts over will disable QE/CI capabilities :/

However.. If you don't need Sleep, CPU Temperature and have a smaller screen then 1920x1080 (so you don't need Display Port) or have more luck with your graphics card then install Lion ;)

Installed successfully from a Macbook pro, and completed the setup by selecting what you show on Multibeast with the same mobo, running great. Then, switched the real mac off and am booting off the Hackintosh now and ready to clone with superduper to a bigger faster disk. Thanks buddy!

Is sleep mode working for you? I started thinking that it doesn't work for me because my graphics card is causing problems.

seim said:
Is sleep mode working for you? I started thinking that it doesn't work for me because my graphics card is causing problems.

It is working like a charm. I kinda am worried about updates and possible KPs, but so far so good, really smooth and fully running! I guess the graphics card can cause your problems yes, but my graphics card is recognized as 6000 series, so I guess kinda the same. Anyway, if i can help anyhow let me know!

seim said:
However.. If you don't need Sleep, CPU Temperature and have a smaller screen then 1920x1080 (so you don't need Display Port) or have more luck with your graphics card then install Lion ;)

hi , i followed your instruction .and i can`t get into the install screen. after the white screen with apple logo ,my screen turns to black . i`m using Display port and 27 inch monitor , something wrong with it? i have to use a normal monitor for install?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back