Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 Lion install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Display Port hasn't worked out of the box for my graphics card, so if you have another one try to use DVI and a more common size of monitor ;)

seim said:
Display Port hasn't worked out of the box for my graphics card, so if you have another one try to use DVI and a more common size of monitor ;)

i don`t have a DVI or common size monitor. sorry about that~...

seim said:
my Bios version is F6 and I used the proper DSDT from tonymac database herer, but Sleep Mode doesn't work with this solution, the computer goes into sleep (shuts down harddrives and fans) but when you want to wake him up it spins up all drives and then goes back into sleep, monitor stays black.
Moreover this sleep issue is causing a CMOS rest, so better don't sleep your computer until I or somebody else found a solution. Maybe you wanna try other Bios versions?

For my graphics card HD 5850:
Display Port isn't working nor resolutions above 1920x1080 do.. copying the 10.6.7 kexts over will disable QE/CI capabilities :/

Have you got the solution for sleep? I using the same board, and have the same issue about sleep.. :eek:

i had the same problem i reverted back to snow leopard but if when the computer is attempting to wake you press a key again it will fully wake up.

smash the space bar until it wakes it will wake but this was inconvienient hope someone gets this board working 100 so i can upgrade i just built this thing and would hate to get left in the stone age.

also replaceing applertc.kext from snow leopard to lion will fix the bios reset

I'm currently not using Lion, I've just installed it onto a second harddrive for testing until I got my Graphics Card working on my monitor's resolution (2560x1440)

Hey Guys,

I have the exact same MB, and a i5-2500 Intel CPU with a ATI 6950 video card. I'm not even trying Lion yet I'm just trying to get 10.6.8 to work.

I installed it ok, but the problem I have is I can't boot into the OS without iboot. It says the Operating system is loading...then goes to the white screen with the apple logo for a split second, then turns black and resets.

When I get home I'm going to try the Multibeast options exact as you have in your screenshot, but is there anything else that might cause this?

Any advice would be very much appreciated, I'm a huge noob at this and have spent almost a weeked just getting it installed to where it would boot into the OS at all, iboot or not.

Thanks,
Will

For display port issues:

I run 2 monitors from my 6870, one of them attached via DP. Graphics enabler is on. I always had to unplug and replug my display port monitor, otherwise lion would not recognize it.

The solution for me was specifying the Graphics Mode key in my com.apple.boot.plist ( now org.chameleon.boot.plist) to my native resolution of 1920x1080x32.

Haven't found a solution for sleep yet.

Sleep does work. It's just quite long. Press a key or click your mouse, wait about 10-15 seconds and do it again. I own a Logitech Illuminated and it's easy to spot: the light comes back when it's ready to wake up.
Nonetheless this MB is a real pain to me. I just bought a Core i5 2500K hoping to use Intel's HD3000, but it won't even post if I plug any DVI or HDMI cord directly. Plus, the Finder often quits randomly, usually after more than 1 day up, forcing me to reset.
I'm going to try the AppleRTC trick for the post issue, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up buying a Z68 model instead.

Update for MultiBeast 4.5.2

These are the settings that I've used and that are working fine. Don't tick the "Motherboard Plugins" they are responsible for FAN speed, CPU temperature, Voltage e.g. in iStat Menus - they're causing kernel panics on boot - if you really want to have them download them from here and copy to /System/Library/Extensions by hand. I've used the version from 05.05.2012 which was the recent final version at time of testing.

Add:
if you get sporadic kernel panics during booting set
Code:
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>No</string>
in Boot.plist in /Extra

------------

For those with Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 and Display Port: I've found a solution for that thing and even sleep mode is working now.
viewtopic.php?p=408445#p408445

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-25 um 01.01.46.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2012-06-25 um 01.01.46.png
    261.3 KB · Views: 242
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back