Graphics
onboard
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello tonymacx86 community. I followed the purchase list to the T with the exception of having to buy the alternative motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3). Could anyone provide some insight on getting 10.7.3 with dual displays through dvi/hdmi. I don't really mind having hdmi audio. As a trial I installed 10.7.0 using unibeast and everything is working besides dual display and I am not sure on qe/cl (I have clear menu bar but I cannot confirm full functionality). Again, any links, tips, or even a guide would be greatly appreciated! :)

baumgj11 said:
Hello tonymacx86 community. I followed the purchase list to the T with the exception of having to buy the alternative motherboard (Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3). Could anyone provide some insight on getting 10.7.3 with dual displays through dvi/hdmi. I don't really mind having hdmi audio. As a trial I installed 10.7.0 using unibeast and everything is working besides dual display and I am not sure on qe/cl (I have clear menu bar but I cannot confirm full functionality). Again, any links, tips, or even a guide would be greatly appreciated! :)
Upgrade to 10.7.3.

I will try to update to 10.7.3 and see what happens

I haven't had a chance to try it yet. I followed the multibeast guide exactly with mac mini 5,1 system definition and I am fully functional in 10.7 with a unibeast install (no changes from unibeast guide). I will test dual moniters later today and if it is unsuccesful in 10.7 I will try to upgrade to 10.7.3.

I installed using unibeast with the recommended settings for lion multibeast on the customac mini 2011 guide. I am using the mac mini 5,1 sysytem definition. I have dual display and surround sound through the green audio port on the back. Hope this helps. I dont really want t upgrade to 10.7.3 to risk breaking what is already working.

And I am connecting using 3.5mm jack to 3.5 mm on my amp/surround. You could also use a 3.5mm to toslink cable if you needed to. You get them on amazon for under $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back