Nvidia 240 fanless
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hello guys
I'm having some issues trying to install Mac OS X on my new system.

SILVERSTONE Sugo SG05-B
ZOTAC AMP! ZT-20405-10L GeForce GT 240 512MB 128-bit GDDR5http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500146
GIGABYTE GA-H55N-USB3
Core i5 760
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory
Intel 80gb ssd

I'm using a regular dvd burner(sony optiarc) as my slim one haven arrive yet

I downloaded the new iBoot when It boot just fine, then when I put the Snow Leopard dvd and press f5 then enter the screen just go black and stay like that, then I try to boot with -v -x
and it boots I can start the instalation just fine and after about 5 to 10 min I get the message.

Mac OS x COULD NOT BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER.
THE INSTALLER COULD NOT COPU THE NECESSARY SUPPORT FILES.
CLICK RESTAT TO RESTART YOUR COMPUTER AND TRY AGAIN.

I make sure that all the settings in the bios are just like in Tony's Blog So I can't see why I'm having this issue.

your help is apreciated, thank you

I always set up the BIOS at the minimum for install. Disable the Peripherals like Audio/1394/Ethernet/USB-3/xTreme controlers/eSata.

HPET=Enabled and 64 bit

SATA-0 should be your DVD drive SATA-1 your HDD and set to AHCI, reboot if just set and select the P0-DVD-DRIVEINFO to boot from. It won't be available if you just changed to AHCI.

ACPI should be S3 or Auto and ACPI 2.0 enabled.

Some systems can use only 1 stick of RAM and kept under a certain size I think 2 or 4 gigs.

Certain DVD's may not work. I used an ASUS $24 drive from Fry's and it Installed SL but when I put my older drive on it only Stalled. lol

Also, make sure you're using the correct SATA ports and RAM slots.

(immapc) (Vendetta)
I disable USB3 and onboard audio, my board don't have xtreme controlers, and I can't find an option to disable

eSata.

everything else is like you already say. my system just have 2 slots for ram and I have them fill with 4gb, 2 sticks of 2gb each.

I took the sony optiarc dvd out of my htpc and I'm using this one right now, I know that's not the issue since I use it before to install Mac OS X in my old system.

everything else is as you subjested

Using the latest iBOOT 2.5 unified, after boot with I boot cd

1.take the iBOOT cd out put the SnowL. dvd in
2.Wait one minute press f5 wait 1 more minute
3.after it recognize S.L. dvd press enter

APPLE BOOT SCREEN APPEARS 10 sec later it' tells me I need to reboot.

Repeat step 1,2 and step 3 but instead of press enter -v -x then enter.

it boots to the installation screen the instalation starts, I go to windows
and INSTALLER LOG,it show alot of errors but the instalation go thru just fine.

INSTALL SUCCEEDED.

I take the snow leopard dvd out put the iBOOT in and boot with iBoot

when I press my osx installation drive and press enter I get the error again
that I need to restart. to hold down the power button again.

I do the same pressing -v and after some letters appears on the screen it just go black, reboot do the same and

add -x and alot of error I'll post some pics.

I went to the bios and note that the cpu frequency says 2934.08 but my pcu it's 2.8 stock I'm not doing any

overclocking. the bclk 133.37.

I don't know if this metter but I think my Video card is overclocked from factory, and I'm using HDMI to connect my Video Card to the Monitor. I have search alot for this issue in this board and no body had this problem before tony's don't mention anything about this in his thread of this board, so I don't know that to think anymore.

If there is any more pics that you need me to post just let me know.

thanks

Attachments

• 2010-10-31 03.20.31.jpg
    2010-10-31 03.20.31.jpg
    959.5 KB · Views: 297
  • 2010-10-31 03.20.52.jpg
    2010-10-31 03.20.52.jpg
    973.4 KB · Views: 306
  • 2010-10-31 03.19.53.jpg
    2010-10-31 03.19.53.jpg
    1,003.7 KB · Views: 305
Well, I'm really not sure about all of the errors that you are getting, but will your monitor accept a DVI connection? Have you tried using that?

Vendetta said:
Well, I'm really not sure about all of the errors that you are getting, but will your monitor accept a DVI connection? Have you tried using that?

yes sir it's install but the screen goes black, I'm using dvi now
:( apparently I'm the first person this is happening but almost every body has build this
without this problem, can it be my video card? I hope somebody can help to figure this out,
if is the video card, I have 25 day to return it.

This pic I just took right now trying to boot with -v -x

I wish I can add videos as easy as I can add pics.

Attachments

• 2010-10-31 08.00.12.jpg
    2010-10-31 08.00.12.jpg
    996.6 KB · Views: 313
What disc did you use to install? Is it a retail 10.6.0 disc, or 10.6.3?

Vendetta said:
What disc did you use to install? Is it a retail 10.6.0 disc, or 10.6.3?

Vendetta said:
I don't know if this is your problem, but if you look here:
wiki/index.php?title=Graphics_Card_Database

It appears that the GT 240s on there they claim work with 10.6.3 and later, but not 10.6.0-2

if that's the issue I'll have to buy a new Snow leopard dvd and I just have this one agggrrr...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back