Register

GIGABYTE GA-H55N-USB3 Instalation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
h4ckintosh said:
Vendetta said:
I don't know if this is your problem, but if you look here:
wiki/index.php?title=Graphics_Card_Database

It appears that the GT 240s on there they claim work with 10.6.3 and later, but not 10.6.0-2

if that's the issue I'll have to buy a new Snow leopard dvd and I just have this one agggrrr...

Like I said, I'm not sure if that's the issue.

Your profile indicates that you have a different hackintosh build. Can you use the GFX card from it in order to do the 10.6.4 update?

Vendetta said:
h4ckintosh said:
Vendetta said:
I don't know if this is your problem, but if you look here:
wiki/index.php?title=Graphics_Card_Database

It appears that the GT 240s on there they claim work with 10.6.3 and later, but not 10.6.0-2

if that's the issue I'll have to buy a new Snow leopard dvd and I just have this one agggrrr...

Like I said, I'm not sure if that's the issue.

Your profile indicates that you have a different hackintosh build. Can you use the GFX card from it in order to do the 10.6.4 update?

I used to I sold that with my old hackintosh, But since the dvd it's not that expensive I hope that's my only issue I'll try to pick one up tomorrow at apple store, I'll let you know what happen, thanks for your help :)

h4ckintosh said:
I used to I sold that with my old hackintosh, But since the dvd it's not that expensive I hope that's my only issue I'll try to pick one up tomorrow at apple store, I'll let you know what happen, thanks for your help :)

This sounds odd, but it actually seems more economical to buy a different graphics card, right? I'm pretty sure you can get something like an 8400GS for about the same price as a new SL disc. Once you have that, not only would you be able to update to the 10.6.4, but you would have a backup GFX card should you ever need it. Maybe you'll put it in a budget machine down the road, who knows? Just a thought.

Also, consider that it's possible that the new disc won't even fix your problem. Now you've wasted $30 that you didn't need to. At least with getting another GFX, it's not a complete waste. That's my $.02 on the matter, anyways. :)

I have the H55N-USB3 and a GT240. I can confirm you need the 10.6.3 Snow Leopard retail disk to complete your install. I was able to complete the install with 10.6 but the system could not boot without a supported graphics card. The iBoot provides the necessary to graphics support to do the install. In this case, it appears to be a different problem, perhaps hardware. I would check memory first (installed completely, remove 1 stick, remove the other, etc. If you can get the installer to run long enough, run disk utility to verify the drive. Check the power supply cables, the SATA cable, etc. If you have a windows install disc, you try an install to see if the problems remain. Good luck.

Thank you! That was the problem I install it with a snow leopard 10.6.3 disk with no problems.

Thank you again

h4ckintosh said:
Thank you! That was the problem I install it with a snow leopard 10.6.3 disk with no problems.

Thank you again

Great!

Attachments

• DispalyVendorID-4CA3.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 74
Vendetta said:
h4ckintosh said:

This sounds odd, but it actually seems more economical to buy a different graphics card, right? I'm pretty sure you can get something like an 8400GS for about the same price as a new SL disc. Once you have that, not only would you be able to update to the 10.6.4, but you would have a backup GFX card should you ever need it. Maybe you'll put it in a budget machine down the road, who knows? Just a thought.

Also, consider that it's possible that the new disc won't even fix your problem. Now you've wasted $30 that you didn't need to. At least with getting another GFX, it's not a complete waste. That's my $.02 on the matter, anyways. :)

Hmmm, I'm wondering if this could be the reason my SN server license isn't working. I'm not using any add on GFX card. I can start the installation just fine using the on board GFX, but when I input my serial number it doesn't like it. Yes this is a legit SN Server disc and serial #.

Re: GIGABYTE GA-H55N-USB3 Installation problem

I had a similar problem with my new gigabyte H55 mini-itx build. It also uses the Nvidia 240 graphics card. I tried iBoot-Nvidia AND iBoot Supported----with and without -x -v. Read someone's comment about not being able to use the nvidia iboot CD. I also read that the (i think) that the 240 is supported without the kext......so I tried the iBoot-ATI cd----it worked!! I probably spent and entire day researching and playing around with different key combinations. I think I even popped a different graphics card in too.....no help. Granted, this is all with a 10.6.0 DVD (which works with iBoot-ATI). Because of my initial troubles, I ordered another nvidia 9400 card and a NEW SL DVD. Part of me blamed the Core i5 760--->but my research demonstrated that it was in the New iMacs.

All in all, found that 10.6.0 and iBoot ATI work well. I think I have the unified cd in there now (having trouble booting without it....tried the dsdt from this site)

Still trying to get a foxconn $80 barebones up and running too....no luck....oh well....

On a side note, a 'quick' cheap Core i system can be made with the BioStar Eco i2 and a compatible low profile graphics card (get both on sale, or if there is free shipping). I have SL Server installed on that system. Runs beautifully without a iBoot disk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back