Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE
CPU
i5-3570K
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey!

I want to build a very small and noiseless Hackintosh. I Like this Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-H170N-WIFI LGA1151 mini-ITX 2x DDR4 PC Because it got a M.2 Slot. This will save me alot room/space inside the case. But the Big question is... M.2 will work? I am a absolute beginner in this. I build allready alot normal PCs but this is my first Hackintosh.

I have seen a build guide here, where it was said, that M.2 SSD was working. I will test this in a couple of days, as I have the same board.

Hey!

I want to build a very small and noiseless Hackintosh. I Like this Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-H170N-WIFI LGA1151 mini-ITX 2x DDR4 PC Because it got a M.2 Slot. This will save me alot room/space inside the case. But the Big question is... M.2 will work? I am a absolute beginner in this. I build allready alot normal PCs but this is my first Hackintosh.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have realy no idea about all this stuff... i try to buy components, with that i can install mac os sierra so easy as possible.

If you want easy, stick with M.2 AHCI, M.2 SATA, or regular SATA SSDs.

Ahh i see... The NVMe are the fast ones....

Okay anyway, in this case i must accept the slow ones ;) what exactly have problems with NVMe cards? The MacOs Sierra self? Ore it is a problem with the boot loader?

This Setup is Easy to make run?
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-H170N-WIFI
M.2: Samsung MZ-N5E250BW 850 EVO interne SSD 250GB (SATA III, 6GB/s, M.2)
CPU: Core i5-6600

Ahh i see... The NVMe are the fast ones....

Okay anyway, in this case i must accept the slow ones ;) what exactly have problems with NVMe cards? The MacOs Sierra self? Ore it is a problem with the boot loader?

The problem is with Apple's non-standard implementation of NVMe. Again, you can use NVMe, it will just require more work to setup and maintain.

This Setup is Easy to make run?
Mainboard: GIGABYTE GA-H170N-WIFI
M.2: Samsung MZ-N5E250BW 850 EVO interne SSD 250GB (SATA III, 6GB/s, M.2)
CPU: Core i5-6600

Yes, easier than with NVMe M.2 SSD.

The problem is, that my english is very bad, and the NVMe guide that you linked me, looks like i need to programm / reCode the firmware? i dont understand exactly what they do in the guide. it looks like programming language.

Then stick with M.2 AHCI, M.2 SATA, or conventional SATA SSDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back