Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-Gaming B8 LGA1151 - Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
nVidia 9700 and I already have a G4400 but was thinking of replacing it with an i3-7100 that's supported so I'm not running into issues.

Last edited:
nVidia 9700 and I already have a G4400 but was thinking of replacing it with an i3-7100 that's supported so I'm not running into issues.

Yes, I agree that you should use a Core i3-7100 instead of the Pentium G4400.

Nvidia 9700? Are you sure you mean that? Because if so you are talking about a very old GPU. Do you mean a GTX970?

Yes I meant the GTX970 lol :) OK thanks, I'll replace the CPU w/ an i3 to avoid tearing my hair out trying to get the g4400 working.

Foresee any problems driving a 3440 x 1440 monitor? (not for heavy gaming. 90% work and 10% light indy games)

Yes I meant the GTX970 lol :) OK thanks, I'll replace the CPU w/ an i3 to avoid tearing my hair out trying to get the g4400 working.

Foresee any problems driving a 3440 x 1440 monitor? (not for heavy gaming. 90% work and 10% light indy games)

I believe your video card should support that monitor, but since I have no experience using such a monitor either in Windows or MacOS, I can't be sure there won't be problems.

Cool thanks man. Order placed :)

hey dude! did it work? planning to buy one and dont know if i should, cheers

It's on order. I'll report back once I know.

So there are definitely some gotchas with the motherboard since it's a 200 series.

1. Got the Intel GBE LAN working using the latest IntelMausiEthernet
2. Nvidia web driver flag isn't working and the selection doesn't stick after reboot. Still working on this.
3. No sound yet either. :(

Basically everything that can typically go wrong with a Hackintosh IS going wrong. Can't recommend the mobo if you value your time :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back