Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-G41M Combo rev 1.3/1.4 - Fully working with Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi viking,

I followed your guide and successfully installed OS X Yosemite. However, I am still unable to get the sound working. I used Kext Wizard as you mentioned with Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache checked and installed the kext you provided. However I still get no sound and I am unable to change the volume.
Is anyone able to help? Thanks in advance :)

Hi viking,

I followed your guide and successfully installed OS X Yosemite. However, I am still unable to get the sound working. I used Kext Wizard as you mentioned with Repair Permissions and Rebuild Cache checked and installed the kext you provided. However I still get no sound and I am unable to change the volume.
Is anyone able to help? Thanks in advancee :)

dude its not easy to get help here......especially if you are noob like me !!

i got my 10.9 screwed...a thread and two posts here...still no help.

anyway i managed to rectify my 10.9..............and also have installed the 10.10. I had the same audio issue..

Its simple, use the provided dsdt, in the audio section of multibeast select xxxxxxxx build the the built. just to b careful restart, then go get the audio kext provided, get a kext installer...install it, restart and u have your audio...g/luck

dude its not easy to get help here......especially if you are noob like me !!

i got my 10.9 screwed...a thread and two posts here...still no help.

anyway i managed to rectify my 10.9..............and also have installed the 10.10. I had the same audio issue..

Its simple, use the provided dsdt, in the audio section of multibeast select xxxxxxxx build the the built. just to b careful restart, then go get the audio kext provided, get a kext installer...install it, restart and u have your audio...g/luck

hahah I'm a noob at hackintosh indeed... I still don't get what u mean by "select xxxxxxx build the the built" what thing do I select in the audio section? Your help is much appreciated!!

Ha ha, sorry dude... Was replying from my mobile in a hurry...
its my bad, ive left out details ..... Will reply later whn i get home !

Ha ha, sorry dude... Was replying from my mobile in a hurry...
its my bad, ive left out details ..... Will reply later whn i get home !

Sure no problems, thanks for your help!

....since all is fine except audio, in the audio section of multibeast select VoodooHDA v2.8.2 (pic 1), build the multi beast. Just to b careful restart, then go get the audio kext provided in the link at post no.1 (pic 2), google for "kext utility Yosemite" (pic 3). download it.

if u dont know to use the kext utility-
1. click it open, will ask for PW, provide, wait for its scripts to run
2. once its has stopped, drag (the audio kext which was provided in post no.1) into the kext utility box, PW, let it run, when its done, just quit, restart...and you should have your audio.

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 12.20.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 12.21.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 12.24.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 12.21.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 12.22.32 AM.png

Thats how i got my audio. G/luck.

....since all is fine except audio, in the audio section of multibeast select VoodooHDA v2.8.2 (pic 1), build the multi beast. Just to b careful restart, then go get the audio kext provided in the link at post no.1 (pic 2), google for "kext utility Yosemite" (pic 3). download it.

if u dont know to use the kext utility-
1. click it open, will ask for PW, provide, wait for its scripts to run
2. once its has stopped, drag (the audio kext which was provided in post no.1) into the kext utility box, PW, let it run, when its done, just quit, restart...and you should have your audio.

View attachment 160664

View attachment 160665

View attachment 160667

View attachment 160666

View attachment 160668

Thats how i got my audio. G/luck.

Hi, still can't get it to work. :crazy: \ Followed your instructions and still have no audio. Where did you connect your speaker? Mine is connected to the green one in the back panel. In System Information the hardware shows up but when I press the volume up or down button on my keyboard it appears like this(attached below). In system preferences under the voodooHDA section I see that the speaker part is set to the minimum and i can't seem to drag it.. Any idea whats happening?? ps in multibeast i selected chimera as the boot loader but clover comes up instead. I'm ok with it, but could it be there's something wrong when installing multibeast?
Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.25.50 pm.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.21.30 pm.png

YAY finally got my audio- Would like to thank Hackintosh0505 for your help for my audio and viking for this awesome guide!

As my GPU, a 5770, has HDMI output, it also has audio. After tinkering around in the settings I realised that the output has been selected to HDMI, thus there was no audio coming out from my speakers. Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 9.54.53 pm.png

All I had to do after installing drivers was to select the second output in the audio section of system preferences, and my audio works.

To those out there who has similar problems as me, you can try to go to the sound settings to check it out.

Glad u got it working .... As soon as the audio volume logo had appeared, ur audio was in! Yeah it was a matter of the selection in the sys pref.

Cheers.

Working with El Capitan too.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back