Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-G41M Combo rev 1.3/1.4 - Fully working with Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can u plz help me With Audio !

Heyy i have same motherboard.. and everything is working.. sleep, internet, graphics( gtx 650 ti boost) rear sound outputs and inputs.. but i have problem with front outputs.. do you have any clue what can be the solution.. audio chip is vt 1708s
im using voodoo 2.8.4 right now.. dsdt.aml is also used.. os x 10.10.1

can i have ur file !

I just registrated to say THANKS A LOT mate! You're trully mvp.
Me and my friend tried so hard to get my motherboard and graphic card work properly!
5 long days of searching clovers, dsdt files and kext's and still nothing.
We were really sad because we spent so much time on those issues, so then we decided to install win 8.1
My friend googled "how to enable efi mode" and then he accidently found this thread. We were kinda excited, cuz the motherboard, graphic card and CPU were the same!
This was our last hope AND IT WORKED. Now my system works perfectly!

Thanks a lot, dude! <3

it'll also work with the GA-G41M-COMBO rev 2.0 also another good thing is about the rev 2.0 it has ALC887 which works perfect in OSX :thumbup:

Hello
I got a problem with my Xeon CPU - its recognized on about this mac as 4.3 Quad Core Intel Xeon
and when im going to check on System Report i found the CPU speed mention as 23.81Ghz

The only Flag i use to enter Yosemite is npci=0x2000
After some reboots i used the VoodooTSCSync kext from here but no luck

Is that problem or is there any tip i can use so my system recognize the Xeon correctly?
I got Xeon L5420 2.5GHz and my system definition is mac pro 3.1

I'm just about to attempt a dual boot with a very similar setup.

Let me start by saying I was so incredibly thankful I stumbled on your guide because I discovered the 775 to 771 conversion and was absolutely chuffed with that idea so I did it instantly and picked up a E5450 for $30 AU delivered, followed an easy guide, thought I'd nailed it aaaand.... Wouldnt boot.... Looked down and I had forgot to put the RAM back in... That's what you get for tinkering after a few beers. Back in with the RAM and off it went smoothly through the first POST.

Most of this was built with what i had lying around, however my internal seething for HDD's made me splurge for an SSD... But I got myself a nice new fancy one for my Daily PC and chucked my old 840 in the Xeon.

Currently this is the setup...

Xeon E5450 @ 3.0GHz w Hyper 212 Cooler
G41M - COMBO REV 2.0
8GB DDR3 @ 1333 (2 x 4GB GSkill)
ASUS nVidia 9500GT
Samsung 840 PRO SSD
2 x 2TB 7200RPM HDD
550W Cooler Power PSU

Current Mobo 'Intelligent Tweaker' Settings

Clock Chip Control

CPU Clock Ratio: 9x
CPU Fine Clock: +0.0
CPU Host Frequency: 333
CPU Frequency: 3.00GHz
PCI Express frequency: 'Auto'
CPU Vcore: 1.18v
CPU Termination: 1.20v

DRAM Performance Control
Performance Enhance: Extreme
(G)MCH Frequency Latch: Auto
System Memory Multiplier (SPD): 4.00A
Memory Frequency: 1333MHz
DRAM Voltage: 1.5v

It was very very hard to find info on this, or a similar config build, even using it for Windows etc..

My questions are:

Have you or anybody had any luck overclocking the E5450 on this board? I have not... Not even with a single setting (Not even 0.5 Fine CPU Clock Ratio) The board has some reasonable tweaking features for an energy saver, I'm not sure if its my lack of knowledge, or a restricted config, mobo etc..

Also I'm looking to upgrade the graphics card for light gaming but mainly multi-monitor support (Minimum 3) What would you recommend? Budget around $150 and Yosemite/Hackintosh Friendly.

And is it possible to integrate a 7 port USB 3.0 VIA controlled PCI-E expansion card working in Yosemite?

Any help is muchly appreciated, Cheers

(I have posted a similar thing to this on another forum)

Last edited:
I just had to register and Thank You

Your patched DSDT worked a treat and I'm up and running after a testing evening. Nothing worked for a 9800GT gfx card (always got a blank screen) but did work for a 9400GT 1Gb Silent gfx card. Using the Chameleon Wizard and GuideBeast I have a fully working Yosemite 10.10.4 from a clean install.

Q6600 OC @ 3Ghz
Gigabyte GA-G41m-COMBO rev1.4
4Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
9400GT 1Gb gfx card
120Gb Evo 850 ssd

over the moon...

Thank you again!

Hi viking and the rest of the guys ...

i need some help!

i was running fine with 10.9.3 on the Ga-G41m combo, no issues at all except for imessage and fecetime.
Then i tried yo install 10.10 with clover !

End result something got screwed up! I cant get 10.10.... Its fine ! But my 10.9.3 cant auto boot !!

i have to insert the install thumb drive, select f12 to get to boot menu and then select the thumb drive, get to the chimera screen and only then select the 10.9.3 install to boot.

without the thumb drive, i cant get into the chimera screen.

My sata hdd reads as ide in the boot up screen. How do i get to auto boot to the chimera screen without having to plug in the thumb drive....

i also tried a fresh install of the 10.9, but still it cant auto boot, it need the thumb drive to get to the chimera. So its not the 10.9.3 s issue... And i dnt know wht is the issue....

..... Do you guys have any idea on whts the issue !!!

Hi viking and the rest of the guys ...

Then i tried yo install 10.10 with clover !

End result something got screwed up! I cant get 10.10.... Its fine ! But my 10.9.3 cant auto boot !!

I have no idea where to start with clover as I use unibeast, but, go back through the bios settings, make sure they're what they should be, cause you can't see your ssd (sata should be set to enhanced mode) that's a problem. Then get to work on flags if need be.

Hi,
thank you so much for the reply. The setting in bios is at enhanced mode, but still smthg is wrong. Ill post some captures of the bios, maybe u can see something which i dont!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back