Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-G41M Combo rev 1.3/1.4 - Fully working with Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

im trying to install el capitan on that board but my problem at the moment is that when the installation needs to reboot i can't see the drive on which el capitan is installed in clover. It doesn't appear there so that i can't finish the installation.

Does anybody have an idea?

Im using clover and prepared it with legacy mode.

Thanks in advance!

Hi guys,

im trying to install el capitan on that board but my problem at the moment is that when the installation needs to reboot i can't see the drive on which el capitan is installed in clover. It doesn't appear there so that i can't finish the installation.

Does anybody have an idea?

Im using clover and prepared it with legacy mode.

Thanks in advance!

same problem here. Cannot see the drive I've installed el capitan in clover.

Using clover with legacy boot.

Pardon me, I am new to hackintosh. I have exactly the same Motherboard G41M-Combo Rev 1.3, BIOS flashed to F4. I managed to install with UniBeast. Everything is up now except the following
-No Sound
-No Wifi. I am using a USB Tplink TL-WM722N dongle.

I followed instructions to run MultiBeast. But the new MultiBeast for El Capitan doesn't have DSDT hence I couldn't install DSDT.aml. I skipped the DSDT.aml since the problem I have was the audio. I followed the instructions given in post above. I downloaded Kext wizard and installed the VoodooHDSVT1708S.kext, rebuild cache and permission and reboot. I ensure BIOS has enabled audio as well. Upon reboot, unfortunately, the sound is not appearing as output.

I will continue to find solution for this. I am suspecting could be due to the new version of El Capitan. And I might need to disable SIP?

Thank you so much for putting this.

An update to my audio issue that was posted day ago. I managed to get the audio working.
I downloaded the kext utility. and let it repair my permissions. Presto! The audio is out. Make sure you check on the Sound --> Output and select the appropriate eg: Line-out (Green Rear)

Thanks to Viking8 and everyone who has shared to make this working. You are the best!

I need some help.

G41m-combo Rev2.0 FB
Xeon E5450
2*4GB DDR3 1333

This is my first time, i had been trying for days.
After the installation using USB, it does restart. I followed the guide and boot from USB again but there is no hdd/ssd for me to boot into. The selections are Boot Clover from EFI and Boot Mac OS X From UniBeast.
I tried Transend SSD370 and HGST 750GB (2.5 inch) both no luck, can someone tell me whats wrong?
I had tried different ports on the mobo but no luck.

Working with El Capitan too.:D

Can you give us a guide? I found that a few users are unable to see the hdd when they reboot after installation.
Thank you

mac pro 3.1 is the best solution for this motherboard?

Thank you Viking. Got the sound working on my Yosemite now, thanks to your kext.
I have this board (rev 2.0) with C2D E8400. Yosemite freezes if I set usb legacy keyboard and mouse to disabled. And it's some hustle to set the data settings right if you have Windows 8.1 on the same machine. Windows not booting now when setting sata to Enhanced. Still looking into that.

G41M-Combo Rev 2.0
Bios FB
Core 2 Duo E8400 3 Ghz
4GB DDR2 800 MHZ
Gigabyte GT 740 2 GB
What BIOS setting did you used? Because i can install El Capitan, but, after I install my HDD El Capitan installed not detect in Clover.... can anybody help with my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back