Contribute
Register

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H LGA 1150 with i5-4430 only boots in safe mode (-x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ga-z270xp-sli
CPU
i5 7440
Graphics
Hi community :wave: i see a lot of information about installing Mountain Lion on Motherboard with the Intel[SUP]®[/SUP] Z87 Express Chipset (socket 1150 Haswell)

I have the
GA-B85M-D3H LGA 1150 with i5-4430 and i followed the TonyMac guide to set up Mountain Lion (including the bios settings), but when i try to start after the installation, doesn't boot. My GA-B85M-D3H just boot in safe mode (-x)
I tried to boot with the Internal Video card Intel HD 4600 and also with the discret card Nvidia GT 630 but it doesn't boot. I think that the problem is related to the the Intel[SUP]®[/SUP] B85 Express Chipset (socket 1150 Haswell) but I´m not very sure.

Somebody can give some ideas to try to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot
:|

i have a similar set up and i'm on the same boat i can only boot to safe mode -x

i have a Gigabyte GA-h87-d3h
Intel i-5-4430 LGA150

i used the buyer's guide to buy all the hardware.. hopefully there will be more support for these socket 1150 chips..

Try installing Mavericks instead of Mountain Lion.

I stopped with the Maverick rising only-x, stopping at "dependency: com.apple.iokit.ioacpifamily (1.4) and no sound.

Hi community :wave: i see a lot of information about installing Mountain Lion on Motherboard with the Intel[SUP]®[/SUP] Z87 Express Chipset (socket 1150 Haswell)

I have the
GA-B85M-D3H LGA 1150 with i5-4430 and i followed the TonyMac guide to set up Mountain Lion (including the bios settings), but when i try to start after the installation, doesn't boot. My GA-B85M-D3H just boot in safe mode (-x)
I tried to boot with the Internal Video card Intel HD 4600 and also with the discret card Nvidia GT 630 but it doesn't boot. I think that the problem is related to the the Intel[SUP]®[/SUP] B85 Express Chipset (socket 1150 Haswell) but I´m not very sure.

Somebody can give some ideas to try to fix the problem?

Thanks a lot
:|

GA-B85M-D3H has been used here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/90351-421-simple-powerhac-g5-3.html#post666987

Please pay attention as the first couple of paragraphs/pictures are one of his older IVY Bridge builds - See below his highlighted 'Haswell G5' sub heading :thumbup:

Adrian B

I had the same problem, because attempting to install sound ALC1150 or 892 because I use HDMI when I put the kext of voodoo, the boot was without errors, stopped giving the error that had "dependency: com.apple.iokit . ioacpifamily (1.4) ", but still no sound for HDMI. At least this full hd, running everything. (almost everything, still no sound).

My setup was with Maverick 10.9
Motherboard - GA-B85M-D3H

Fix for those using integrated graphics hd4600 or hd 4000 should inject platform id in chameleon boot plist
for platform id for b85m d3h google for b75m d3h hackintosh and select moarfish build
there he has given the platform id for b75m d3h jus use it for b85 it should work

telme whether its working or not

anither fix would be using dvi port instead of hdmi
but try inject platform id first dts how i solved my -x problem
and after dat i also get audio and boot without -x

telme if it work for u

I hav given fix for -x problem for those who are using hd 4600
i solved same prob on my b75 by injecting string as given by moarfish

and yes booting in safe mode graphics are fizzy and also disables audio

giyz try dat string on ur b85 and teme asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back