Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
G41M-ES2L
CPU
Q6600
Graphics
9400GT
Gigabyte G41M-ES2L Mavericks solved

I have a curious situation. I have two systems with the same motherboard that currently run Mountain Lion with no problems. The systems are both running the same bios and same settings and the only difference is the processor and the graphics card. One system has a Dual Core Pentium E6500 and a Nvidia 8400GS graphics card. The other system has a Q6600 and a Nvidia 9400GT.

The Dual Core system with the 8400GS upgraded to Mavericks with no problem. It behaved like Mountain Lion and only required DSDT and audio driver reinstall.

The Q6600 system cannot bring up the installer. No matter what boot parameters I use it goes to black screen. I even tried changing the video card to the 8400gs that works in the other machine and I still get a black screen.

This has me stumped! Any ideas would be appreciated!

Edit Solved!

I have a very similar setup.
8400 gs Celeron dual core on that board.
Biggest problem was getting disk setup in bios.
Also watch this board likes to use last known good bios to boot with (overrides settings sometimes)

Check bios settings that have been saved.
I would clear them out and only keep ones that work.
Also do not have save bios to hard drive set.
Snow Leopard was easy.
Lion was bad. 8400 gs never worked
Mountain Lion good except for iMessage. 8400 gs did work

I have also run this rig with a gt 430 from galaxy in ml and lion.

Memory is fuzzy.. I did use some boot parameter for install ... pciroot and npci
I would use the same as for your 8400 gs as a start..
I did get a black screen at some point.

Check boards and bios are same revision

Did a Clean Install. Just need to fine tune drivers and all is well.

Thanks everyone!:)

I have the identical system (Mavericks, GA-G41M-ES2L, E6500, 8400GS). The system boots fine after Unibeast installation, but I don't have sound, and only the onboard video works. Even the RTL8111C/D LAN works out of box.

However, after I run Multibeast w/ or w/o DSDT, the system becomes unstable. I can't get the 8400GS video to work; the ALC888B audio doesn't work and the LAN stops functioning. I'm a noob. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Is there a specific DSDT I should use?

When I originally installed Mountain Lion on these machines, I found that there were several dsdt files available and I kept trying them until I found one that works. One thing that I found was critical is that the bios needs to be the latest version. I think, if memory serves, it was F9.

As long as I am able to get graphics to work for install (see above). It becomes a simple matter of using dsdt and picking appropriate drivers for network and sound (888b legacy). That simple.

Try this DSDT attached and see if it works for you!:)

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    13.9 KB · Views: 698
That DSDT worked like a charm for me. Got my G41M-ES2L up and running with Mavericks now, many thanks for that and the info on the boot flags!

That DSDT worked like a charm for me. Got my G41M-ES2L up and running with Mavericks now, many thanks for that and the info on the boot flags!

update bios to F9

And if you still freeze
use multibeast to install the generic driver usb 3

in my case, and this made ​​it all ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back