Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock X58-Extreme
CPU
X5675
Graphics
GT 210
Hi,

I have a GIGABYTE EX58-EXTREME, Intel Xeon X5675, 12 GB Ram, Toshiba TR200 SSD 256GB and NVIDIA GeForce 210. I have installed Sierra and got working everything even the PCIe USB3. Basically, I noticed after I first installed it the PSU died after a week. I purchased a Tacens Mars Gaming Vulcano 750W 80 Plus. It died within days, I got it changed in warranty and the same PSU died again. So, I decided to investigate, I thought it was the motherboard, I bought this time a cheaper Nox Urano SX 500W PSU.

Then I noticed in the bios the DRAM Voltage was 2.5V instead of 1.5V. I set all the voltages manually, saved the bios and load Sierra. After reboot looked at the Bios settings, the memory was again 2.5V. I tried setting a password for the bios, but didn't help.

Anybody else facing the same, how does it change the bios values? I have no problem with Windows 10, and since I lower the voltage and I´m careful to change it to 1.5V after I use Sierra, I had no more PSU dying.

Another problem I have is the computer doesn’t shut down. I have applied the shutdown fix, but it’s not shutting down.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Attachments

• 20190126_174843.jpg
    20190126_174843.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 411
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back