Contribute
Register

Gigabyte build not booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently looking through my [ F2 ] bios and i cant find anything related to audio. I have found Audio device control and it is enabled. Do you know where the HD audio controller is located. I have a f2 version of UEFI gigabyte.

I have restarted my computer and i am back to not being able to change the volume. It is stuck with the circle beneath it.

Ive been messing around with the AppleHDA.kext file and multibeast and nothing has changed so far. Am i forgetting a step or something like that?

Try to delete AppleHDA and HDAEnabler first, then do a Permissions Repair with Disk Utility. Then reinstall from Multibeast 5.1.3 the Realtek driver with WITHOUT DSDT, Realtek ALC 892, save and reboot.

I did this and nothing happened except now i can adjust the volume.

Do i need to do anything with the AppleHDA.kext. I just left this alone.

When i did add the AppleHDA kext i downloaded from tonymac and rebooted, i get back to a frozen volume button.

Ok then do it again...delete AppleHDA and HDA Enabler. Use Disk utility permissions repair, reboot then reinstall with Without DSDT ALC 892 (and then permissions repair again). That should do the trick...

Ok then do it again...delete AppleHDA and HDA Enabler. Use Disk utility permissions repair, reboot then reinstall with Without DSDT ALC 892 (and then permissions repair again). That should do the trick...

I followed these steps but sadly nothing is working. Ive tried variations of this, but still no success. Maybe my bios is configured wrong?

Maybe i am plugging in my speakers into the wrong port. Ive plugged them into everyone but maybe there are some internal ones?

Alright then...

Easiest way to do this is....restart the install. Follow my guide, using this new method :

Using your Unibeast USB and with monitor in 1st DVI on Nvidia or HDMI, boot into the USB with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000
If you have set the video BIOS settings to AUTO and memory of 64MB or more, this WILL boot the installer.

2) In the installer use Disk Utility to FORMAT the drive as Mac Journaled HFS. Make sure it has GPT/GUID partition.

3) Install OSX 10.8.2

4) When it is finished, select your MB 5.1.3 requirements including USERDSDT, Without DSDT Realtek ALC 892 and whatever other kexts you need. Also add AppleACPIPlatform rollback. For graphics select the 3RD OPTION FOR YOUR NVIDIA.

Then INSTALL LATEST NVIDIA GEFORCE MAC DRIVERS and shutdown. Install your Nvidia card and reboot with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back