Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell XPS 15 9550
CPU
6th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Quad Core
Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M with 2GB GDDR5
After playing it around for a bit, I finally got it to work, and I am typing this post on the GB-BXi7-5500 works on 10.10.3.

What's working
- Boot using Clover r3202 and FakeSMC
- HD Graphics by specifying ig-platform-id 0x16160002
- Had "Underscan" from the Display Preference because the top (Apple Menu) and bottom (Dock) of the screen was not showing
- Ethernet using RealtekRTL8111 from Multibeast

Issues:
- Screen flickers when login and changing Clover menus
- BT not working yet
- WiFI not working yet
- Audio not working yet - tried AL283 from MultiBeast 7.3, but it didn't work

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.40.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.40.29 PM.png
    67.1 KB · Views: 222
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.42.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.42.23 PM.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 252
  • Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.43.56 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 9.43.56 PM.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 196
After playing it around for a bit, I finally got it to work, and I am typing this post on the GB-BXi7-5500 works on 10.10.3.

What's working
- Boot using Clover r3202 and FakeSMC
- HD Graphics by specifying ig-platform-id 0x16160002
- Had "Underscan" from the Display Preference because the top (Apple Menu) and bottom (Dock) of the screen was not showing
- Ethernet using RealtekRTL8111 from Multibeast

Issues:
- Screen flickers when login and changing Clover menus

Not a laptop. Moved to desktop support.

Did you need to use Clover's FakeCPUID or did it just work?

Glad you got your i7-5500 brix up and running! -- Were you able to resolve the BT and WiFi issue? or are you planning on just using the ethernet..

I did not have to use fakecpuid. The reason I posted here is because many of the components are for laptop use : memory, disk (msata), .. etc.

As I get some time, I will work on BT, WIFI...

Hey guys, was taking a swing at the i3 version of the broadwell brix again using clover this time since chimera didn't seem to work too well for me.

It's booting, it's stable, I've got ethernet and audio, but I've got a deathly slow refresh rate, and things like iTunes visualizer are just black. System info says I have Intel HD Graphics 5500 7 MB. Not sure how to inject the graphics id like you guys are talking about; I found a place in the settings at boot in clover to put in some kind of graphics ID but I'm like 99.999% sure that's not right. I've never done much with clover so I'm not familiar with DSDT patching. I feel like I'm most of the way there, if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

Hey guys, was taking a swing at the i3 version of the broadwell brix again using clover this time since chimera didn't seem to work too well for me.

It's booting, it's stable, I've got ethernet and audio, but I've got a deathly slow refresh rate, and things like iTunes visualizer are just black. System info says I have Intel HD Graphics 5500 7 MB. Not sure how to inject the graphics id like you guys are talking about; I found a place in the settings at boot in clover to put in some kind of graphics ID but I'm like 99.999% sure that's not right. I've never done much with clover so I'm not familiar with DSDT patching. I feel like I'm most of the way there, if anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

Wrong link for Broadwell... sorry..

installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext in Clover/kexts, put
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x16160002</string>

in config.plist under Graphics, and booted up. Apple logo is garbled halfway through boot but otherwise everything seems to work perfectly, at least for several minutes of use until I do something (what exactly is unclear) that causes it to lock up. Sometimes it recovers from being locked up but faces severely garbled graphics. If it doesn't recover, the cursor moves but everything else is unresponsive.

installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext in Clover/kexts, put
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>0x16160002</string>

in config.plist under Graphics, and booted up. Apple logo is garbled halfway through boot but otherwise everything seems to work perfectly, at least for several minutes of use until I do something (what exactly is unclear) that causes it to lock up. Sometimes it recovers from being locked up but faces severely garbled graphics. If it doesn't recover, the cursor moves but everything else is unresponsive.

Post config.plist.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back