Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Brix GB-BXi3H-4010 FAILURE: black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I tried larger monitor connected to HDMI output via HDMI-to-DVI converter. The flickering went away, but the behavior is the same.

If I let the system sleep, then I cannot reboot unless the USB stick is attached. When the system reboots it says "Boot from OS X Mavericks (hibernated)", and this never works. Booting from the USB stick "erases" the (hibernated) state and allows me to boot. Anyone knows what's going on here?

Anyway, now I have set the Energy saver settings to never go to sleep. Booting is still kind of unstable: sometimes is works and sometimes not.

The hardware connectors (HDMI and Mini-DisplayPort) seem fairly fragile and they look like they would break easily. Careful!

Just received and installed mini-PCIe WiFi module from eBay. Installation took 5 minutes, just replace the original one. It immediately worked.

Now everything is working: Ethernet (I assume, will check soon), Bluetooth, WiFi.

This small miniPC is very responsive and perfectly silent.

Thanks to this community for making it possible! :clap::lol::lol:

Disaster struck

After a few days of running fine, I noticed that the computer was always shutting down (hibernating) after leaving it overnight. It would not reboot properly on its own (I had to select "Cancel Hibernate Wake" or similar).

So I tweaked the pmset setting to disable hibernate (or so I thought).

Well, now the computer does not boot at all. It stops at "VM swap subsystem is ON"

I tried all options, but none works. I tried searching for solutions, but found nothing. :banghead::banghead:

It seems that the Atheros WiFi module causes problems because it has country set to 0x60. Changing the EEPROM would require a Windows installation.

So for a change I unstalled Ubuntu linux. It works flawlessly. Everything works great out of the box. The problem is that it does not support EyeTV Hybrid.

So it seems I can either have EyeTV or WiFi, not both at the same time. I am going to remove the Atheros module and give Mavericks another go.

Hello its been a long time since ive been on the site wow has it changed, How is your Brix going as i saw one in a shop today and couldnt resist the purchase. Any advise on build set up would be very appreciated.

Well, still working on it....

Yesterday I removed the Atheros WiFi module, uninstalled Linux, and tried Mavericks again. No luck. It gets stuck at VM Swap Subsystem is ON.

I have a feeling the boot USB stick somehow is either corrupted or contains the wrong kext and additions. I will try to start from scratch and prepare a new USB installation disk.

Just tried again. Rebuilt my boot USB drive with latest Clover version.

Unfortunately, it does not work. When booting from OS X from USB stick, I get several
sound assertion at line n AppleHDADriver :banghead::banghead:

i can get it installed but a reboot have to use safe mode -x the mouse and keyboard are very hyper active ie press a key once you get about 5 to 10 per key press i presume this to be a usb3 error as there are no usb 2 ports on the unit

Meanwhile, mine works, too. I don't know why, but suddenly it started working.

Look forward to your guide. I just followed the Clover guide plus the three files in the Brix Pro thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back