Graphics
Geforce 240
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm still using a couple of Gigabyte m/b that are built around the P55 system. Seems like
they are getting slower and less responsive as the OSX operating systems keep advancing.

Is there a time to move on to newer and "better" features as newer models come out.

The same question would apply to videocards. While the GT 240's and others were great
at one time, maybe they're not so great at handling today's demands.

I'm still using a couple of Gigabyte m/b that are built around the P55 system. Seems like
they are getting slower and less responsive as the OSX operating systems keep advancing.

Is there a time to move on to newer and "better" features as newer models come out.

The same question would apply to videocards. While the GT 240's and others were great

Check out the most recent buyer's guide.

Even real macbooks suffer time and use. Hardware is still the same but load at startup, cache and everything you use everyday are load into the system. If you don't have a SSD upgrade this part first, it's the best improvement in responsiveness you will do. Install a clean version of 10.9.x and you will get your system back as it was the first time. P55 is still good hardware depends what are your requirements.

GT240 has been released for 5 years what you would except ? It's still a video card capable of 9600GT performance. It has never been a good video card it's a cheap card and you can't except it will gain power against time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back