i7-3770
Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

Just a few weeks back, the motherboard on my system crashed which I posted regarding here. - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/replace-motherboard-z77x-ud5h.230642/

Luckily I was able to get the board repaired and initially my OS seemed to be back up and running. However within a few days my system starting having issues again, power issues to be specific. Machine could not wake from sleep. Machine wouldn't power up at all. I identified part of my issue. Turns out their was a faulty power point as well as my UPS was troubling the system too (It's very weird, I don't even know what all damage both have done)

However since I changed my power point as well as directly plugged in my machine (without the UPS) through a surge protecter. The machine powers up fine. But, between identifying a faulty UPS and power point my machine started doing something completely new. My BIOS would reset after every shut down.

I mean reset after a complete power down. Once all the switches are turned off. Most of the times it would reset the time and date too. Its very strange I don't know what is causing that. I really hope its not the hardware.

FYI I did check and even replaced the battery on the board, that is not the problem.

Anyone has any fix? Or understands what exactly could be causing this problem?

One old thread I found a similar issue states that injecting a KEXT might fix the issue - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-motherboard-bios-auto-reset-after-each-boot.61087/

That seems to have worked for many. I however don't know if that would solve my problem AND I can also not find the appropriate terminal command for Sierra (I'm currently running 10.12.6)

Appreciate all the help.
Thanks

Also, I'd like to know if updating the BIOS may solve or help solve this issue?

Hello.

This used to be fixed by MultiBeast but it has been removed in the latest version as far as I can see.

Instead, try Clover Configurator. Open the Kernel and Kext Patches tab and make sure that the Apple RTC option is ticked.

If that is already the case then the problem will need more research. I do not think it is a Gigabyte BIOS problem, it is an old and well-known problem whereby the Hackintosh resets the CMOS itself.

A quick search will find a 10.12 Patched Apple RTC kext, if Clover Configurator doesn't help. (I found one straight away but it is not on this site).

Good luck!

:)

Hello everyone,

My BIOS would reset after every shut down.

I mean reset after a complete power down. Once all the switches are turned off. Most of the times it would reset the time and date too. Its very strange I don't know what is causing that. I really hope its not the hardware.

FYI I did check and even replaced the battery on the board, that is not the problem.

One old thread I found a similar issue states that injecting a KEXT might fix the issue - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-motherboard-bios-auto-reset-after-each-boot.61087/

That seems to have worked for many. I however don't know if that would solve my problem AND I can also not find the appropriate terminal command for Sierra (I'm currently running 10.12.6)

Appreciate all the help.
Thanks

Power up the system, go into the BIOS and change some settings. Save the changes and upon reboot, immediately power down (I mean the "complete power down" you are talking about) without allowing MacOS to boot.

Wait a while and then power up the system again. Go into the BIOS. Has the BIOS settings been reset?

If the BIOS still resets, then it is very likely a hardware problem with your motherboard. In such a case I would say you should attempt to find a suitable replacement motherboard.

Hello everyone,

Just a few weeks back, the motherboard on my system crashed which I posted regarding here. - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/replace-motherboard-z77x-ud5h.230642/

Luckily I was able to get the board repaired and initially my OS seemed to be back up and running. However within a few days my system starting having issues again, power issues to be specific. Machine could not wake from sleep. Machine wouldn't power up at all. I identified part of my issue. Turns out their was a faulty power point as well as my UPS was troubling the system too (It's very weird, I don't even know what all damage both have done)

However since I changed my power point as well as directly plugged in my machine (without the UPS) through a surge protecter. The machine powers up fine. But, between identifying a faulty UPS and power point my machine started doing something completely new. My BIOS would reset after every shut down.

Appreciate all the help.
Thanks
Hey Mayank did you solve this? I'm having the same issue with High Sierra. Well almost the same issue mi BIOS is restored every time I turn on my hackintosh. Like it is corrupted.

My friend has this same issue with a Z97X-UD5H-BK board.
GTX 970
i7-4790K
Sometimes the macOS SSD (850 EVO) don't start, only the Windows SSD, and the AppleRTC option in Clover already are checked.

My friend has this same issue with a Z97X-UD5H-BK board.
GTX 970
i7-4790K
Sometimes the macOS SSD (850 EVO) don't start, only the Windows SSD, and the AppleRTC option in Clover already are checked.

AppleRTC is needed for CMOS Reset on Reboot or Sleep State. I personally think its related to Hardware or could be due to Clover not being configured properly.

Hello everyone,

Appreciate all the help.
Thanks
Hey Mayank did you solve this? I'm having the same issue.Well almost the same, my BIOS keeps restoring after shutting my Hackintosh off. Like my BIOS is "corrupt".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back