Contribute
Register

Gigabyte Beta BIOS & Modified BIOS

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-beta-bios-modified-bios.124646

For at least 3 years i´ve used GA-Z77X-UP5TH BIOS F12j mod9 and still do on my Rocket#2
I can´t recall the specific reason i flashed my bios but I think it had to do with the updated
CPU MicroCode Pack (with Sandy 6A728 and Ivy 6A919)
Better Sandy/Ivy compatibility
I also pointed Ultrazone in his Master Audio Build thread to these modded biosses and as I recall it helped him with a USB3 problem he had.
I can se in his signature that he´s still using a modded bios from Tweaktown

Don't freak out if you flash a modified BIOS and the ROM's fail, you can always flash back by first clearing the CMOS and then entering Qflash and update to un-modified BIOS

Last edited:
What about GA-H81M-S1? I can't find it

Last edited:
regarding these Bios builds...

they (Tweaktown) do tend to pick up the slack after the mfgs have moved on to newer/other pcb builds...

I've only had good experiences (years) with f12j mod 9 (on several up5th boards most specifically) and several other tweaktown builds on different gigabyte-boards... not without some real-world low-level hardware experience - everyday I deal with lots of hardware/firmware and chipset issues on (gigabyte and asus) - and many other brands, negotiating multiple operating systems...

these BIOS mods are all low level cumulative micro-code inserts, but it/they have always behaved very well for me... between all the os-boots I put these things through - osx, unix, linux, win - they have NEVER looked at me funny or made a bit-mess on my shoes...

thunderbolt has been consistent on all boards with that feature as well as all different os-builds...

as I posted before on this site, the tweaktown crowd picks it up after gigabyte has moved on and left their BIOS revs flopping on the bit floor...

for example...
GA-Z77X-UP5TH BIOS F12j mod9
Modified with :
Intel Legacy RAID ROM 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2030
Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2030
Marvell 88SE91xx SATA RAID 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.1.0025
Intel Boot Agent PXE 1.3.81 to 1.5.48
Intel EFI UNDI 4.9.00 to 6.0.24
Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA 2137 PC 14.34 to 2170
Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
CPU MicroCode Pack (with Sandy 6A728 and Ivy 6A919)
ME Firmware 8.1.30.1350 to 8.1.51.1471
Modified splash logo 2

flash away kids...

Last edited:
Quick question Tony. Are these BETA BIOS's for Z68 and older generation boards UEFI?
Yeah they are. Some are very experimental and may not be entirely stable , especially the pre Z68 stuff.

Yeah they are. Some are very experimental and may not be entirely stable , especially the pre Z68 stuff.

I had a Z68 motherboard awhile ago but wasn't very stable.

Recently resurrected my GA-P55M-UD2 board for NAS purposes. Found a bug when enabling AHCI on both the GB and Intel SATA chipsets, it just wouldn't boot. I had to use IDE mode, which was terrible. Managed to get BIOS version 12A from their support team, this fixed the problem. I couldn't find it anywhere else on the internet so I've posted it here for others to use if they need it.

Apparently 12a fixes issues with SSD speeds as well.

Attachments

• p55mud2-F12A.zip
    794.9 KB · Views: 245
Re-Modified the TweakTown Z77-DS3H BIOS F11 mod, adding Native NVMe Boot Support
  • Unofficial mod by me so not endorsed by TweakTown Forum nor Gigabyte.
  • Includes a ReadMe file that you should read firstly before flashing.
  • Use at your own risk. I accept No Responsibility for any damage caused to your motherboard or any Devices connected to it.

"Don't freak out if you flash a modified BIOS and the ROM's fail, you can always flash back by first clearing the CMOS and then entering Qflash and update to un-modified BIOS"

Modded from the original TweakTown mod here

Attachments

• Z77DS3H_Mod_F11_ReModded v2.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Back