Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Sure! As requested:
Both EFI folders are correct although I would change ProcessorType to 3841 so we can rename the CPU with NVRAM flag revcpuname.

Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 5.38.53 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-12 at 5.40.44 AM.png

Because the problem happens in both macOS and Windows, here are some things to try:
  • Perform a cold boot by shutting down the system and flipping power switch on PSU to OFF for 10 seconds
  • Then power back up and boot only into macOS
  • Do Ethernet and WiFi both connect and work?
Because the previous OpenCore 0.8.9 EFI folder is available, boot with 0.8.9 to see if the problem is still present.

However, I don't see anything in either the OC 0.8.9 or OC 0.9.0 configurations that would affect network connectivity.

Thank you for your help @CaseySJ. After a lot of troubleshooting, I found the problem--a failed Access Point. Other computers on the network were unaffected because they were connecting to other network devices. It was not due to OC 0.9.0, the update was just coincidental to the hardware failure.

I very much appreciate your help, and checking over the EFI folders.

Is there any control in OpenCore Configurator over which monitor (in a dual-monitor setup) displays the boot picker? Or if not, at least a control over the rotation setting of the monitor that is displaying the boot picker?

I have two displays. What I would consider the 'main' monitor is connected to the second output of my video card. What I would consider the 'secondary' monitor is connected to the first output of my video card. My secondary monitor is rotated 90°.

UEFI seems to default to displaying the boot picker on the first output of the video card. I'd prefer it on the second. (I can't change which output on the video card are used for the displays for several complicated but exceedingly boring reasons.) But if the boot picker must be on the first output of the video card, I'd at least prefer if it is shown in the correct rotation.

Is this fixable?

Once macOS or Windows are booted, both displays work just fine. This is purely an issue during boot.
Displays.png

Hi @CaseySJ

I need to get my X570S AERO G up to 13.3.1. I noticed on amd systems.. the installer would hang cause we need updated patches for amd cpu? This was a few weeks back and I never got around to dealing with this. I was on oc 90 and also updated my hackindrom to 2.17 just now an went up to oc91 from there, so do i still need amd updated patched or can i share my config/plist for you to add or is it added in 2.17? Thanks in advance!

Hi @CaseySJ

I need to get my X570S AERO G up to 13.3.1. I noticed on amd systems.. the installer would hang cause we need updated patches for amd cpu? This was a few weeks back and I never got around to dealing with this. I was on oc 90 and also updated my hackindrom to 2.17 just now an went up to oc91 from there, so do i still need amd updated patched or can i share my config/plist for you to add or is it added in 2.17? Thanks in advance!
Feel free to post config.plist with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo -> DataHub. I can check if anything needs to be modified/updated.

UEFI seems to default to displaying the boot picker on the first output of the video card. I'd prefer it on the second. (I can't change which output on the video card are used for the displays for several complicated but exceedingly boring reasons.)
Boot Picker is displayed on the lowest connected video output port of the GPU (closest to the motherboard). It does not have to be the first physical port.

here you go thank you, im downloading 13.3.1 as we speak
Please backup existing config.plist, download attached version, copy serial numbers back into PlatformInfo -> DataHub, and try booting 13.3.

Attachments

• config.plist
    55.3 KB · Views: 24
Ouch, the one you just uploaded wont boot the new update installer or my old system. I had to revert back to my back up. :(

Kernel->Add: AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext is duplicated at Index 1 and 16!

Kernel->Patch[25]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!

Kernel->Patch[26]->Replace requires ReplaceMask to be active for corresponding bits!

CheckKernel returns 3 errors!

The oc validator said it had duplicate lines in the ethernet kext.

I tried to add the cpu patch manually a few weeks back and i may gave u a oc that was half messed with.. Do you want me to send you my 8.9 config plist? I have a 3.8 R7 5800x cpu on this board

Back