Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Progress! As in Ventura boots!

You need to update AMDRyzenCPUPowerManagement.kext and SMCAMDProcessor.kext. Apparently Hackindrom didn't pick them up.

DRM is broken though - as before

AMD kexts

Last edited:
im up and running on ventura, i re-download the todays .1 os update and with basak update of amd kext and the stock hackdrom, im good 0.86 open core....sadly as expected im experiencing asus 10g crashing on avid carbon...what a shame this completlely works in big sur and changed in the last 2 os...This to me is just a disregard from apple to the audio community. Every os, the audio plug ins are never ready.....avb is just like thunderbolt, dependent on the situation..One may say there are in things in vtd needed, but for audio its not, big sur is fine.

if anyone has a way to get 10g-avb audio working on a amd system that would be great

Last edited:
I have no idea, but I sympatize. Have you thought about maybe making a separate work partition with Big Sur?

Me? I haven't downloaded that... and sadly I still use wifi which sucks.

where did u download the AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext?

It is a Plug-in, found inside the Apple System kext: IONetworkingFamily.kext

:)

It is a Plug-in, found inside the Apple System kext: IONetworkingFamily.kext

:)
But right now, in Ventura, there is no support for ethernet, as I understand it... right?

But right now, in Ventura, there is no support for ethernet, as I understand it... right?
My experience is that it’s flakey, I posted yesterday on another thread about using IntelMausi, it started working then went back to flakey!. People have mentioned AppleGB, which some have claimed success!. I’m still experimenting so will report my results. I am using OpenCore 0.8.5 and Ventura Public Beta 13.1, which could of attributed to the less flakey Ethernet.

Drivers loaded and it worked for me etc., but I didn't do much testing TBH. It will of course depend on the chipset involved ...

I ordered the new

Sonnet Thunderbolt AVB GE Adapter for Macs​

So I will see if I can run Avid Carbon on Ventura. I will post results. I have the Gigabyte TB adapter in my PCIe. I will see whats what.

I believe the old Apple TB to Ethernet only works on a Intel system.

Fingers crossed.

If someone could give me detailed directions on getting that Ethernet to work for Intel, I'll try and figure out what you guys meant earlier.

Back