Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

This screenshots are results of integration of new 6750xt card on the first PCIE slot on my Ryzentosh with 6900xt on the second slot. If I try to boot with screens connect on 6750xt the apple bar at start is blocking but if I connect screens on 6900xt everything works fine.

It is weird because metal appear working on navi 22 but it is not recognize under software like resolve or geekbench.

I saw that navi 22 is not working on Big Sur or Monterey because different AMDXXXX.kext haven't got implementation of ID inside. Maybe a patch is possible ?

Attachments

• Screen_6750xt.png
    Screen_6750xt.png
    156 KB · Views: 48
  • Screen_6900xt.png
    Screen_6900xt.png
    212.5 KB · Views: 49
** To upgrade OpenCore please refer to these guides located at the top of Post 1 **

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 7.40.08 AM.png

To install macOS Ventura Public Beta, please follow these steps
  • Make a full bootable backup or use a separate (spare) drive
  • Upgrade to latest OpenCore and latest Lilu by downloading them from here
    • Also upgrade to latest versions of:
      • VirtualSMC, AppleALC, WhateverGreen, RestrictEvents, BrcmPatchRAM, CPUFriend (if using)
    • NOTE: We should disable BrcmPatchRAM kexts when installing Ventura, namely disable these three:
      • BlueToolFixup.kext
      • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
      • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
  • Download and install latest AMD-OSX kernel patches and configure first 3 patches according to the number of CPU cores (instructions and downloads are here)
Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 4.04.17 AM.png

• Update to latest AMD Power Management kexts from here
Screenshot 2022-07-15 at 4.01.00 AM.png

• Use GibMacOS to download the full Public Beta installer -- see Post 1, STEP 1 for details
  • Create a USB install disk by running createinstallmedia -- see Post 1 STEP 2 for details, but modify the "--volume" name to match the new USB flash disk's name
  • Insert USB flash disk and reboot system (do not press F12 to change boot disk; just boot from current disk)
  • At the OpenCore boot picker, select the USB install disk and the installation procedure will begin

Last edited:
To install macOS Ventura Public Beta, please follow these steps

@CaseySJ

Your instructions worked perfectly -- thanks!

The only oddity I noticed was that during the installation the "macOS Installer" appeared during the first reboot as usual, then on the second reboot the "macOS Installer" was still there and pre-selected. Typically with prior macOS installs on the second reboot the "macOS Installer" disappears and the drive that is being installed to is pre-selected to proceed with the install. If "macOS Installer" didn't disappear after it is selected once, it seemed like it generally resulted in a failed install.

I selected the "macOS Installer" the second time and it progressed through the progress bar. Then the installer rebooted and then the drive being installed to was pre-selected, and the install completed successfully.

Anyway -- Ventura public beta is now running on my B550 Vision D.

The only oddity I noticed was that during the installation the "macOS Installer" appeared during the first reboot as usual, then on the second reboot the "macOS Installer" was still there and pre-selected. Typically with prior macOS installs on the second reboot the "macOS Installer" disappears and the drive that is being installed to is pre-selected to proceed with the install. If "macOS Installer" didn't disappear after it is selected once, it seemed like it generally resulted in a failed install.

I selected the "macOS Installer" the second time and it progressed through the progress bar. Then the installer rebooted and then the drive being installed to was pre-selected, and the install completed successfully.
It is actually somewhat common (in my experience) for "macOS Installer" to appear twice. Whenever it appears it needs to be selected. If it's not the default boot option, we should manually select it. On the next reboot it should go away...

** Update on Installing Ventura Public Beta **

Just followed my own procedure and found that I needed to disable the three BrcmPatchRAM kexts during installation. Namely, the following needed to be disabled:
  • BlueToolFixup.kext
  • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
  • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Procedure above has been updated.

** Update on Installing Ventura Public Beta **
What is the situation with Ethernet while running Ventura Public Beta? Are the on-board Ethernet ports on a B550 Vision D functional? Or is an external USB-to-Ethernet adapter required?

What is the situation with Ethernet while running Ventura Public Beta? Are the on-board Ethernet ports on a B550 Vision D functional? Or is an external USB-to-Ethernet adapter required?
The ports are functional with no third-party driver needed.

Back