Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Could somebody confirm if the GPU fix is still required with Monterey 12.3.1 please.
Many Thanks
The device properties patch is no longer required. Apple fixed the root problem.

Hi @CaseySJ

I hope you have been keeping well.

I just needed a bit of assistance. I have updated my Hackintosh to Monterey 12.3.1 and also updated to OpenCore 0.8.0 as I was still on 0.7.5 from back in November. Normally I have had no problem updating OpenCore but this time when I pick my Mac boot option in the boot picker it starts booting with the Apple logo and progress line but instead of booting to the login screen it just reboots back to bios and reboots into Open Canopy again.

I done some troubleshooting and I first thought it was my EFI folder structure but I cant see anything wrong. I have attached it below. If you get a spare moment can you please check to see if it looks ok. I'm probably being a dumbass as I havent done any major changes since November so probably forgot something in the EFI or config.plist.

Many thanks.

Hi @CaseySJ

I hope you have been keeping well.

I just needed a bit of assistance. I have updated my Hackintosh to Monterey 12.3.1 and also updated to OpenCore 0.8.0 as I was still on 0.7.5 from back in November. Normally I have had no problem updating OpenCore but this time when I pick my Mac boot option in the boot picker it starts booting with the Apple logo and progress line but instead of booting to the login screen it just reboots back to bios and reboots into Open Canopy again.

I done some troubleshooting and I first thought it was my EFI folder structure but I cant see anything wrong. I have attached it below. If you get a spare moment can you please check to see if it looks ok. I'm probably being a dumbass as I havent done any major changes since November so probably forgot something in the EFI or config.plist.

Many thanks.
Hello @BillyBoy7,

Please try the attached config.plist in which a handful of small changes were made, most notably the following:
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 11.50.34 AM.png

Reminder to copy your serial numbers back into PlatformInfo --> DataHub prior to use. If the system still restarts during the boot process, please enable verbose mode at the OpenCore boot picker by pressing and releasing CMD-V. Then boot macOS. A flurry of log messages will fly by, but hopefully you may be able to glean some clue at the point of failure. We usually take a video with our smartphone and scrub the frames until just before the reboot.

Attachments

• config.plist
    45.8 KB · Views: 36
Thanks Casey.

I tried your config.plist but sadly it resulted in the same issue so I done as you said and applied verbose and it came up with this message and then just hangs:

X86platformplugin::getCPUCStates - Unexpected data for C1

Any ideas?

Thanks Casey.

I tried your config.plist but sadly it resulted in the same issue so I done as you said and applied verbose and it came up with this message and then just hangs:

X86platformplugin::getCPUCStates - Unexpected data for C1

Any ideas?
Please try the attached OpenCore 0.8.0 EFI folder as follows:
  • Copy serial numbers into PlatformInfo --> DataHub section of config.plist
  • I have already configured the kernel patches for Ryzen 5950X so no changes needed there
  • There is no USB port map defined in this EFI. All USB ports should be active, but they might not be configured properly.
  • Just see if you can boot from this EFI folder

Also note that your USBMap.kext seems to have some errors:
  • Section MacPro7,1-BYS3 is actually defined by the Thunderbolt SSDT so this section should be removed.
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 1.48.48 PM.png

Here we see both MacPro7,1-XHC0 (which is the right way to specify the device name) and MacPro7,1-XHC0-1 (which seems like an accidental copy). There should be only one of these sections, and its name should be MacPro7,1-XHC0.
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 1.49.39 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-07 at 1.51.18 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI-080-X570S-AERO-G.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Thanks Casey.

I tried this EFI and popped in my Platform Info and rebooted.
Unfortunately it ends up with a prohibited sign after about 15-20 seconds of showing the Apple logo and progress bar.

The Hack was running great before the 12.3.1 and OpenCore 0.8.0 update. GPU, Hardware acceleration, sleep, wake etc. Really strange.

Thanks Casey.

I tried this EFI and popped in my Platform Info and rebooted.
Unfortunately it ends up with a prohibited sign after about 15-20 seconds of showing the Apple logo and progress bar.

The Hack was running great before the 12.3.1 and OpenCore 0.8.0 update. GPU, Hardware acceleration, sleep, wake etc. Really strange.
Do you still have the OpenCore 0.7.5 folder? If so, I can take a look at it if you'll remove serial numbers and compress it before posting.

By the way, how did you manage to install or upgrade to macOS 12.3.1 if OpenCore was not working?

Do you still have the OpenCore 0.7.5 folder? If so, I can take a look at it if you'll remove serial numbers and compress it before posting.

By the way, how did you manage to install or upgrade to macOS 12.3.1 if OpenCore was not working?

Yes of course, I had previously backed up my working EFI so I will send it shortly.

So what happened is I booted into my Mac and got the notification for 12.3.1 so began downloading it. I had previously been on 12.1 without issue. It then rebooted and began installing and I was like 'oh crap, I should have checked to see if 12.3.1 is compatible with my version of OpenCore as I hadn't updated it in like 5-6 months' and then after installing the update I could no longer boot fully into the Mac. It would just hang at the progress bar so I assumed it may be because my OpenCore version was out of date and not compatible with the latest Monterey release.

Here is the Old EFI Casey.

Here is the Old EFI Casey.
Do you know which USB port the Intel Bluetooth module is connected to?

If you still have a working bootable backup disk, please do the following:
  • Boot from the backup disk into the version of macOS installed on the backup disk
  • Run IORegistryExplorer and select File --> Save As..., then post the saved file

Back