Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

How did you add the word "hackintosh" to auto complete ?
On the iPad, just above the keyboard, it displays three auto-complete choices as characters are typed. After typing “hack” the three choices were Hack, HackinDROM, and Hackintosh. I selected the 3rd without paying attention.

Hi @CaseySJ , sorry for off topic, I'm on my old X299 Asus Prime Deluxe with Asus ThunderboltEX3 Rev B ALPINE where I flashed your AlpineRidgeEX3-NVM18-NATA, I'm pretty sure that I did it right, but today I will check again the shasum and everything! My problem is that I create the SSDT on RP17 (slot 4 PCI), and I tried to boot with and without the TB header and nothing appears. (Sometimes I see on IOReg the RP17 unloaded completely and sometimes with just the XHC part loaded without Thunderbolt section.) Any idea why?

first firmware backup was different but the next 3 try was ok so I started the process and after that I made another backup (firmware-new.bin) with the new firmware just to see if was different from the other
shasum firmware.png

IOReg post flashing in attachment.
Do you suggest to retry to flash the firmware?

Attachments

• iMac Pro post flash .ioreg.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Last edited:
We should not use Hackintool for USB port mapping. Instead, it’s better to use IORegistryExplorer. When a USB 2 or USB 3 device is connected, it will show up in green under one of the two USB controllers (XHC0 or PTXH). We can then build a table as shown in this post:

The first 5 columns are needed (“Type Remap” does not apply right now so it can be ignored). Then I can help you with the USB port map.

Regarding sleep, let’s finish the port map then get back to this issue. We should actually run that terminal command after inducing sleep. When the system wakes up, then the command should be run.

So I grabbed the IORegistry app and typed in the search XHC, and it found some USB ports. When I plugged in a 3.0 USB drive, nothing happened. No green. I tried all other ports and nothing. Should I disable my current USBports.kexts file first?

Steve

When a device is in USB ports ,it does turn green, but only for a second or so. Then turns black. When I pull it out, turns red with a line through it. So it's working correctly. Under XHC0, I have PRT1 through PRT8, and they are all working. Under PTXH, I have POT2,3,4,6,8 listed. POT1 is listed, but no devices show up. POT5 shows up as USB C device. Still under PTXH, I have PO9,10,11,12 listed, but no devices show up. PO13 says it has a ITE connected. Not sure what that is. When I plugged in my phone to the USB C port, it stayed green for a longer period of time. It's now black like the others.

Steve

Last edited:
So I grabbed the IORegistry app and typed in the search XHC, and it found some USB ports. When I plugged in a 3.0 USB drive, nothing happened. No green. I tried all other ports and nothing. Should I disable my current USBports.kexts file first?

Steve
Yes it's necessary to disable existing USB port maps. Then use Hackintool only to check which USB ports are active. From the "USB" tab of Hackintool, we should ways click the "broom" icon on the bottom followed by the "refresh" icon immediate to the right of the broom.

Yes it's necessary to disable existing USB port maps. Then use Hackintool only to check which USB ports are active. From the "USB" tab of Hackintool, we should ways click the "broom" icon on the bottom followed by the "refresh" icon immediate to the right of the broom.
Done. I have 2 active ports now. My USB Ports kext file is disabled as well.

Done. I have 2 active ports now. My USB Ports kext file is disabled as well.
Please post a screenshot of Hackintool —> USB so we can see which ports are currently active.

Back