Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Now sleep it's working!

Update: no, it's not working anymore... for 3 times it worked... I have to find out where is the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem for the instant wake is in this file... something that break instant wake. I'm pretty sure

Update: I made some tests. (First I have to say that I'm a complete noob in ACPI. So I really don't know what I'm doing xD, but maybe you can solve the problem).
I change the SSDT to just STA the controller so that macOS itself loads the controller (see the attachments below) and instant wake dissapears. So it's something related to the SSDT ptxh to XCH2?
Schermata 2022-01-20 alle 10.32.28.png
Schermata 2022-01-20 alle 10.35.00.png
Schermata 2022-01-20 alle 10.36.34.png

Maybe the problem is this part of the SSDT of GPRW?
Schermata 2022-01-20 alle 10.48.14.png

U

Attachments

• SSDT-B550-PTXH-TO-XHC2.aml.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 32
  • STA METHOD ONLY.ioreg.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Problem of instant wake on XHC2 solved removing GPRW part from the SSDT.
Schermata 2022-01-20 alle 10.48.14.png

It works also thanks to your GPP0 Disabled.aml
without which I have this:
DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to GPP0/ Using AC (Charge:0%) 6 secs
So, thanks!

Attachments

• SSDT-B550-PTXH-TO-XHC2.aml
    535 bytes · Views: 39
Last edited:
@NCMacGuy,

You reported sleep/wake issues on your B550 Vision D with BIOS F13. I encountered a similar problem today created a simple SSDT-DISABLE-GPP0.aml that seems to have fixed the issue. I'm attaching the SSDT here. Feel free to copy it to EFI/OC/ACPI folder and add an entry in config.plist --> ACPI.

@CaseySJ

Thanks for remembering my F13 sleep issue! I installed and activated your SSDT-DISABLE-GPP0.aml file, re-installed BIOS F13, and sleep/wake is now working. :) I can finally say goodbye to F10.

Thank you!

Problem of instant wake on XHC2 solved removing GPRW part from the SSDT.
View attachment 539942

It works also thanks to your GPP0 Disabled.aml without which I have this:
DarkWake from Normal Sleep [CDN] : due to GPP0/ Using AC (Charge:0%) 6 secs
So, thanks!
Good job in experimenting! And in resolving the problem.

The USB port map in this EFI is for Vision D, which means it might need to be modified for Vision D-P. The setup for Vision D-P was never finished. That is why this thread does not officially support Vision D-P.

To configure USB ports, disable both USB SSDTs and the USBInjectAll kext. Then reboot.

After logging back into macOS, run Hackintool, click the USB tab, then clear and refresh the list.

Make a diagram of the back panel layout on paper. Now connect a USB 2 device into each port and see which row in Hackintool lights up when the device is connected. Write the name of the port on the paper diagram.

On black USB 2 ports, connect either a USB 2 or 3 device.

On all other USB ports, connect a USB 2 device, note down the port name, then safely eject it, connect a USB 3 device to the same port, write down the port name, then eject the device. Repeat for all ports.
Hello,
No progress here, any.
1) Deleted the EFI folder in my USB stick;
2) Saved an EFI folder taken from a backup from 14 days ago (it is not the one found here, it is a plain created from OC 0.7.6);
3) Reboot the system, login OS: BAM no USB2 is working not shown on Hackintool. The front USB2 port where I attached the Logitech USB receiver, works no more.

This means I cannot map nothing.

14 days ago, with that EFI Folder and previous BIOS version, it worked.

I cannot really know how to step further.

Hello,
no progress here, any.
1) deleted the EFI folder in my USB stick;
2) saved an EFI folder taken from a backup from 14 days ago (it is not the one found here, it is a plain created from OC 0.7.6);
3) reboot the system, login OS: BAM no USB2 is working not shown on Hackintool. The front USB2 port where I attached the Logitech USB receiver, works no more.

This means I cannot map a fu**** nothing.

14 days ago, with that EFI Folder and previous BIOS version, it worked.

I cannot really know how to step further.
I understand.

Is anyone else using the Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P with macOS? If you are, please let us know how the system is working for you. Are USB 2 and 3 ports functioning?

Hello,
Here is the final round trip of USB Mapping of my Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P. Please note the following details:

- Nvidia GTX680 video card;
- Intel AX200 installed, but not used;
- BIOS version is F12 (it is the same of F13 on Vision D model);
- EFI Folder used is the one supplied by @CaseSJ in this post;
- The rear I/O layout reference convention for the mapping sheet below is the following (black=USB2, blue=USB3-A, yellow=USB3-C):

B550 VISION D-P_rear.png

- My case (HAF932 Advanced) has the following layout in front: 4 USB2.0 ports (only 2 ports are connected to the motherboard, to the F_USB1 header). Then 2 USB3.0 type A ports, connected to the motherboard (F_U32 header).

OK, let's jump to the USB Mapping. This is a spreadsheet I have just prepared (for your reference, SX=left, DX=right):

USB mapping - Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P.png

It should be self-explaining, I guess.
Well, these are major considerations about:

a) Front USB2.0 ports, which are connected to the F_USB1 header, don't work. Any device was not recognized by Hackintool nor mounted. Dead at all. As already said, this is fairly weird, because those ports were running before upgrading the BIOS version from F11. For two weeks prior upgrade, I have had there my Logitech USB receiver connected for keyboard and mouse operation.
Now they are not usable.

b) In general, PO10, which is also a USB2.0 port (rear), is a little bit mad, because:
b1) USB2 and USB3 sticks are correctly mounted => GOOD, it looks like working well, but;
b2) A USB2 stick in Hackintool is not correctly recognized: seen as USB2.0 HUB; and
b3) A USB3 stick in Hackintool is not recognized at all.

Other ports look like running well, so far: device is mounted, device is shown in Hackintool with correct properties (device name, speed...).

At the moment, the most annoying situation is losing the front USB2 ports. I don't know how to fix them.
Please note they are working on W10.

If someone is running my motherboard, feel free to share experience or help in finding a solution about front USB2 ports.

WAKE/SLEEP
not tested so far, do not know if it is working on not.

Thank you. Bye.

As of January 13th, the final version of F14 BIOS for the B550 Vision D is on Gigabyte's website. Has anyone made the plunge and tried it yet?

As of January 13th, the final version of F14 BIOS for the B550 Vision D is on Gigabyte's website. Has anyone made the plunge and tried it yet?
I'm going to try it but I don't know if the switch to the new CAPSULE BIOS support could be worst for hackintosh... @CaseySJ what do you think? Can I try it or it better to stay to F13?

Back