Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Steps:
  • First download MaciASL from here (select the RELEASE build).
  • Then uncheck/disable the two USB SSDTs and the one USB kext (the 3 files highlighted in my previous post).
  • Reboot and log back into macOS.
  • Now launch MaciASL. It will automatically open the DSDT.
  • Select File --> Save As... and save the file.
  • Then post that file.
here we are.

Attachments

• System DSDT_B550 Gigabyte.aml
    23.1 KB · Views: 36
here we are.
This is very strange:
  • USB controller XHC0 exists
  • USB controller PTXH does not exit
Here's what the DSDT should contain:
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 3.35.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 3.36.09 PM.png

It is therefore possible that PTXH is defined in a separate SSDT. Please run MaciASL again and select this:

Screen Shot 2022-01-16 at 4.03.29 PM.png

Then post the saved file.

And some questions:
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
  • What PCIe cards are installed?
  • Which M.2 slots are occupied with NVMe SSDs?
  • Which Bluetooth/WiFi card are you using?

Last edited:
This is very strange:
  • USB controller XHC0 exists
  • USB controller PTXH does not exit
Here's what the DSDT should contain:
View attachment 539656View attachment 539658
It is therefore possible that PTXH is defined in a separate SSDT. Please run MaciASL again and select this:

View attachment 539659

Then post the saved file.

And some questions:
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
  • What PCIe cards are installed?
  • Which M.2 slots are occupied with NVMe SSDs?
  • Which Bluetooth/WiFi card are you using?

Here is the file you asked for. It looks like there is no PTXH.
BIOS version is F11.

I have installed a Nvidia GTX680 GPU and a Mellanox ConnectX-3 PRO as PCIe cards.

I have only one NVMe SSD (it is a Samsung 980 PRO), not used. It is installed into the very first slot.
My Big Sur system is installed on a Samsung 830 PRO.

I have an Intel AX200 wi-fi card.
Thank you.

Attachments

• GIgabyte B550 VISION D-P_tableset.acpi
    174 KB · Views: 35
Here is the file you asked for. It looks like there is no PTXH.
BIOS version is F11.

I have installed a Nvidia GTX680 GPU and a Mellanox ConnectX-3 PRO as PCIe cards.

I have only one NVMe SSD (it is a Samsung 980 PRO), not used. It is installed into the very first slot.
My Big Sur system is installed on a Samsung 830 PRO.

I have an Intel AX200 wi-fi card.
Thank you.
It would be advisable to install BIOS F12 (not F13e). There are addition USB 2 fixes in F12.

It would be advisable to install BIOS F12 (not F13e). There are addition USB 2 fixes in F12.

Hi,
I just updated the BIOS to version F12. Then I re-enabled two SSDTs and one KEXT you had suggested to disable temporarily last night.
Some steps forward, but...

... I have still some issues. Let's recap, please remember my port layout reference below:

B550 rear IO_edited.jpg

1) all USB2 ports are not shown in Hackintool as populated with a device (no matter if a USB stick or a hard-disk drive, no matter if USB2 or USB3), despite the device is mounted correctly.
When I speak about USB2 ports, I refer to the rear one (0) but also two front USB2.0 ports I have in my case. I needed to move my Logitech wireless controller for mouse and keyboard to a front USB3 port. :(

2) USB Port-C (6 and 7) are not shown in Hackintool when I plug in a hard-disk drive. The external disk is mounted regularly.

3) all rear USB3 ports (1 to 5) and two front USB3 ports are running correctly: they are seen by Hackintool as populated, correct speed...

Here below a picture of tests executed so far.

USB mapping_new.png

I cannot know other tasks to be executed. Anyone with my same board has all these issues?
I have not tried Sleep/Wake procedure yet, because I have some priorities here to be fixed before.

Thank you.

@Nighthawk99

Okay there is some progress. We finally see PTXH, which gets converted to XHC2. Some notes:
  • When you connect a USB 3.x device to ports 6 and 7, they will appear in IORegistryExplorer in the Thunderbolt section. The Thunderbolt chip has its own USB controller. It's possible that both USB 2.x and 3.x devices connected to 6 and 7 will appear in IORegistryExplorer.
  • To check USB 2.x devices, we can do the following:
    • Uncheck both of the USB SSDTs (ACPI section)
    • Uncheck the USB kext (kernel section)
  • Reboot and log in.
  • Run Hackintool, refresh the list, and try connecting USB 2.x devices. Do they appear?

@Nighthawk99

Okay there is some progress. We finally see PTXH, which gets converted to XHC2. Some notes:
  • When you connect a USB 3.x device to ports 6 and 7, they will appear in IORegistryExplorer in the Thunderbolt section. The Thunderbolt chip has its own USB controller. It's possible that both USB 2.x and 3.x devices connected to 6 and 7 will appear in IORegistryExplorer.
  • To check USB 2.x devices, we can do the following:
    • Uncheck both of the USB SSDTs (ACPI section)
    • Uncheck the USB kext (kernel section)
  • Reboot and log in.
  • Run Hackintool, refresh the list, and try connecting USB 2.x devices. Do they appear?
Negative Sir.
This is the situation in Hackintool with either SSDTs and USB disabled.

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 23.21.46.png
POT4 is the USB3 front port with the boot loader (Kingston USB3 flash drive).
PO7, which is also the second USB3 front port, I have the Logitech receiver for mouse and keyboard.

WD My Passport 260D still not recognized in Hackintool, in IORegistryExplore I find it here, when connected to port 6:

Screen Shot 2022-01-17 at 23.27.13.png

Just a side note, in case it could matter.
I know you built two EFI versions for the Vision D: one for BIOS F10 version, one for BIOS F13 version. The latter has the suffix F13 in the file name.
As already said, the Vision D-P has different versions, but:

F12 (which I just installed) = F13

based on support page.
Now, I download your EFI 077 folder for Vision D-P, it doesn't have any suffix, so I don't know if it is the sibling of EFI-077-F13 or it is based on the older version.

Last edited:
Negative Sir.
This is the situation in Hackintool with either SSDTs and USB disabled.

View attachment 539732
POT4 is the USB3 front port with the boot loader (Kingston USB3 flash drive).
PO7, which is also the second USB3 front port, I have the Logitech receiver for mouse and keyboard.

WD My Passport 260D still not recognized in Hackintool, in IORegistryExplore I find it here, when connected to port 6:

View attachment 539733

Just a side note, in case it could matter.
I know you built two EFI versions for the Vision D: one for BIOS F10 version, one for BIOS F13 version. The latter has the suffix F13 in the file name.
As already said, the Vision D-P has different versions, but:

F12 (which I just installed) = F13

based on support page.
Now, I download your EFI 077 folder for Vision D-P, it doesn't have any suffix, so I don't know if it is the sibling of EFI-077-F13 or it is based on the older version.
The OC 0.7.7 EFI for Vision D-P is based on the older BIOS. The screenshot shows that Thunderbolt PCI address has changed after the BIOS upgrade, which is expected. We’ll need to replace the Thunderbolt SSDT with the one from Vision D BIOS F13 EFI folder. Please give that a try. I can help further tomorrow.

The OC 0.7.7 EFI for Vision D-P is based on the older BIOS. The screenshot shows that Thunderbolt PCI address has changed after the BIOS upgrade, which is expected. We’ll need to replace the Thunderbolt SSDT with the one from Vision D BIOS F13 EFI folder. Please give that a try. I can help further tomorrow.
Hello,
I am sorry, but what is the Thunderbolt SSDT which I should get from the Vision D F13 EFI folder?

Back