Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Let's pursue this particular problem first, namely: UAD Apollo with one daisy-chained Satellite.
  • Which satellite are you connecting in this scenario? The Quad or the Octo?
  • Are both items running the latest firmware (this is firmware that is installed into the UAD devices)?
  • Have both items been "hardware reset"?
  • Are latest UAD drivers installed in macOS?
  • The Asus Prime B550-Plus contains a Thunderbolt header. Is your GC-Alpine Ridge or Asus ThunderboltEX3-TR connected to that header?
    • If so, please check the Thunderbolt settings in BIOS Setup. Is there a "Thunderbolt Boot" option? If so, does it have a "Boot Once" choice?
  • Does macOS freeze on plugin load when either the GC-Alpine Ridge or ThunderboltEX3-TR is used?
Thank you selfless dedication!

My Apollo X6 and Twin Duo Daisy-Chained did it! No problem with cold start/hot start/cold plug/hot plug /USB/ sleep/wake up, perfect!

My system Caterina 10.15.7.
The motherboard is Asus X299 Deluxe.
GC-Titan-Rridge 2.0, firmware TitanridgenVM23-E64FR. bin, plug into the third slot, short wire 1 and 3, USB plug into the Thunder card. SSDT-DTPG.aml was not enabled, SSDT-PrimeX299Deluxe-Thunderbolt3.aml was enabled. Thunderbolt Settings in BIOS Setup 【Thunderbolt Boot】 【GPIO3】 【GPIO3 Filter】 option open

Last edited:
Thank you selfless dedication!

My Apollo X6 and Twin Duo Daisy-Chained did it! No problem with cold start/hot start/cold plug/hot plug /USB/ sleep/wake up, perfect!

My system Katerina 10.15.7.
The motherboard is asus X299 Deluxe.
Gc-titan-ridge 2.0, firmware TitanridgenVM23-E64FR. bin, plug into the third slot, short wire 1 and 3, USB plug into the Thunder card. SSDT-DTPG.aml was not enabled, SSDT-PrimeX299Deluxe-Thunderbolt3.aml was enabled. Thunderbolt Settings in BIOS Setup 【Thunderbolt Boot】 【GPIO3】 【GPIO3 Filter】 option open
Glad to hear it and welcome to the forum!

Hello guys,

jumped here in the last few days because I was searching information about performing a ryzentosh on my desktop pc. I must admit that I did not read the all thread long, so I could have missed something, my apologize for that.

Here below is my config:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X
Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P (yes, it is a sibling of the one covered in this thread, but I guess I can use this guide as well, right?)
GPU: nVidia GTX680
SSD: Samsung 840 pro 512GB (ok, I have a Samsung 970 Pro as well, but I read it has many issues, so I wanna skip that for now)
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 Mhz.

I have some questions before attempting the procedure:
  • First of all, have anyone already attempted to hack with my motherboard (Vision D-P)? Just to have a starting point in case the procedure was different that the one covered here for the Vision D.
  • My motherboard has not F10 and F13 BIOS versions, but F11 and F12 (I don’t rembember the actual installed version, because I am not at home right now): https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-VISION-D-P-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios). Which file should I have to download from this thread?
  • For me, it is absolutely needed to have Adobe Lightroom Classic and Adobe Photoshop working properly. Without them, ryzentosh is not a choice. Sorry, but I did not understand what fix to be applied for those apps and how. Could you gently drive me through?
Many thanks in case you wanna help me.

Bye.

Hello guys,

jumped here in the last few days because I was searching information about performing a ryzentosh on my desktop pc. I must admit that I did not read the all thread long, so I could have missed something, my apologize for that.

Here below is my config:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X
Mobo: Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P (yes, it is a sibling of the one covered in this thread, but I guess I can use this guide as well, right?)
GPU: nVidia GTX680
SSD: Samsung 840 pro 512GB (ok, I have a Samsung 970 Pro as well, but I read it has many issues, so I wanna skip that for now)
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 Mhz.

I have some questions before attempting the procedure:
  • First of all, have anyone already attempted to hack with my motherboard (Vision D-P)? Just to have a starting point in case the procedure was different that the one covered here for the Vision D.
  • My motherboard has not F10 and F13 BIOS versions, but F11 and F12 (I don’t rembember the actual installed version, because I am not at home right now): https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-VISION-D-P-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios). Which file should I have to download from this thread?
  • For me, it is absolutely needed to have Adobe Lightroom Classic and Adobe Photoshop working properly. Without them, ryzentosh is not a choice. Sorry, but I did not understand what fix to be applied for those apps and how. Could you gently drive me through?
Many thanks in case you wanna help me.

Bye.
Hello @Nighthawk99

Welcome to the forum. Although the Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P can run macOS Big Sur and Monterey, some things might now work properly, such as:
  • Thunderbolt hot-plug
  • Ethernet ports
The OpenCore EFI folder from this thread can be used as a starting point, but some things will need to be modified:
  • USB port map might need some minor tweaks, but you can use the existing one first without making any changes.
  • Device Properties may need to be modified because the PCI Paths for some devices may be different from Vision D.
Regarding Adobe applications, please see this post.

Many thanks @CaseySJ for your quick reply.

The Vision D-P has indeed two different onboard chips for the 2.5G ethernet ports: one from Intel (I225) the second from Realtek (I don't remember the chipset code): I'll search somewhere these kexts, I guess someone was in my same room in the past. :)

Finger crossed for my attempt. There are many settings I hope to set up correctly.

For me, it is absolutely needed to have Adobe Lightroom Classic and Adobe Photoshop working properly. Without them, ryzentosh is not a choice. Sorry, but I did not understand what fix to be applied for those apps and how.
If using Adobe applications is a requirement, you'd spare yourself a lot of time and frustration by going for an Intel build rather than AMD.

Hi guys! Hi @CaseySJ happy new year! I hope you have had a good holiday. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to devote to my setups until now and right now I'm trying to understand why every time it turns back on from sleep I have to press something on the keyboard to turn on the screen. Any idea?

Do Adobe apps work with all cores and all threads enabled and AVX-512 disabled? I thought Adobe Apps in Mac OS had issues without AVX-512?
I was able to run latest Photoshop with all P-cores and E-cores enabled, but I'm not familiar enough with that app to know how exactly to test AVX-512. Unfortunately my 7-day trial period is over so I hope someone in the Alder Lake thread can provide more assistance.

Hi guys! Hi @CaseySJ happy new year! I hope you have had a good holiday. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to devote to my setups until now and right now I'm trying to understand why every time it turns back on from sleep I have to press something on the keyboard to turn on the screen. Any idea?
Pressing a key on keyboard is normal for wake-from-sleep. Just be glad your system wakes from sleep!

I believe the apps can open initially without it? But for me AVX-512 certainly has to be enabled if you want the full functionality.
My 9-5 job is within the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Lightroom, After Effects and Premiere). So I absolutely need something very reliable as its my primary machine for work. Would you say the hackintosh is at its end for Adobe app users?

I've been debating whether I should go with a 10900K instead... Or a 10980XE.

Back