Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Hi there! Good morning! Tonight I will try F12 and then F10 to see if I can solve Instant Wake. Can I ask if you use wake on Lan feature enabled or disabled? By the way I found in the description of F12 this so I think that they made the change of the USB hub on f12
It would be great if someone running F10 can use the modified USB port map files and run IORegistryExplorer to see whether PO14 exists.

edit: sorry for editing always my post ahah but I prefer to do like this instead spamming xD
do you suggest to buy this two link for the flashing process of the internal tb?
kit cables jumper and usb extension
Yes both of these are good — and recommended.

The SSDT can be modified to hide the GPP9 HDEF device. Currently it hides the GPP9 GFX1 device only. Can pick this up tomorrow.
@BillyBoy7

Please try the modified SSDT attached below. It's a drop-in replacement (i.e. same name as before).

Attachments

• SSDT-X570S-AERO-G-DISABLE-SLOT-2-GPU.aml
    392 bytes · Views: 42
@BillyBoy7

Please try the modified SSDT attached below. It's a drop-in replacement (i.e. same name as before).

Just tried it and it immediately worked. Thanks so much Casey. :)

Im going through each and everything to get it all working as close to perfect as possible now. Nearly there.

I have Ethernet, WiFi, Bluetooth, Audio and the AMD GPU with hardware acceleration all working.

Now I'm going to take a look finally at all the USB ports and sleep/wake. Wish me luck!

Now I'm going to take a look finally at all the USB ports and sleep/wake. Wish me luck!
Good time for me to put up the “Gone Fishing” sign on the front door! :)

Thanks for all your help Casey, truly. I would happily get you a crate of beers but I know you said last time you don't take personal donations.

I'm going to wait now for the 10 minute sleep timeout. Fingers crossed its ok!

pffffff.. new macbook pro 14" M1 Pro base config with 8 cores - $2k

Alright, let's do this:
  • Keep all existing SSDTs. They are necessary. So no change to ACPI.
  • In Kernel --> Add, uncheck USBPorts-XHC-XHC2.kext
  • Copy new USBPorts.kext to EFI/Kexts folder and create an entry for it in Kernel --> Add.
  • Reboot.
However, it may be necessary to delete the XHC3 section from USBPorts.kext --> Contents --> Info.plist:

@CaseySJ

Thanks so much for the suggestion. I did all that you described including the modification to the USBPorts.kext to delete the XHC3 section. (I suspect this USBPorts.kext was the same port mapping your EFI has under a different file name.)

Unfortunately the same result - no sleep. :( So my suspicions about port mapping were wrong.

This is with Big Sur 11.6, I'll try with Monterey Beta, but don't expect any change.

For now I think I'll go fishing too!

pffffff.. new macbook pro 14" M1 Pro base config with 8 cores - $2k

For now I think I'll go fishing too!
So I just went fishing for a new 14" MacBook Pro. My goodness, what a beast...

in a few months AMD will release a refresh.. lets see how that one performs.. they promised 15% uplift! :)

Back