Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

I read it as a poorly posed question, perhaps due to translation difficulties.

"If I purchase . . . . . Will it work with . . . . "
Agreed -- this is the most plausible interpretation.

** OpenCore 0.7.4 EFI for B550 Vision D / X570S AERO G / ASRock X570 Taichi **
Supports Catalina, Big Sur, and Monterey
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.

HackinDROM 2.0.0 Beta (click here) can be used to update to OpenCore 0.7.4.

** NOTE **
Catalina Users: Please see "Post-Update Procedure" below.

If making manual changes to OpenCore config.plist, please ensure that OpenCore Configurator is set to 0.7.4 Development Version or 0.7.4 Release Version

This update includes:

1. OpenCore 0.7.4
2. AppleALC 1.6.5
3. WhateverGreen 1.5.4
4. RestrictEvents 1.0.5

Changes to config.plist:
  • OpenUsbKbDxe.efi (UEFI --> Drivers) has been disabled by default. Enable this only if certain USB keyboards and mice do not work in OpenCore Picker.
  • AdviseFeatures (PlatformInfo --> DataHub) checkbox has been enabled. This should allow better compatibility with Windows and Monterey.
  • SecureBootModel (Misc --> Security) has been changed to Default because OpenCore 0.7.4 applies the correct settings based on macOS version and System Product Name.
If any of these changes causes a problem, please change the setting back to what it used to be.

IMPORTANT:
  • In the Kernel --> Patch section, replace CC with the real physical Core Count, as follows:
    • 6 cores --> use 06
    • 8 cores --> use 08
    • 12 cores --> use 0C
    • 16 cores --> use 10
  • System will not boot without this change. If you use HackinDROM, this change is made automatically for you.
Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 11.13.41 AM.png

Post-Update Procedure: Catalina users only.
  • If Catalina does not boot, please change SecureBootModel to Disabled as shown.
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 5.13.20 AM.png

Optional: To enlarge icon and font sizes in OpenCanopy Picker:
Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 7.26.41 AM.png

Reminder:
  • Radeon VII users must disable boot argument agdpmod=pikera. Vega users may need to do the same.
Downloads:
  • If using B550 Vision D BIOS F13 --> download --> EFI-074-BIOS-F13-B550-VISION-D
  • If using B550 Vision D BIOS F10 --> download --> EFI-074-B550-VISION-D
  • If using Gigabyte X570S AERO G --> download --> EFI-074-X570S-AERO-G
  • If using ASRock X570 Taichi --> download --> EFI-074-X570-TAICHI

Updates:
  • 4 Oct 2021: First version

Attachments

• EFI-074-BIOS-F13-B550-VISION-D.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 172
  • EFI-074-B550-VISION-D.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 161
  • EFI-074-X570-TAICHI.zip
    8.5 MB · Views: 87
  • EFI-074-X570S-AERO-G.zip
    6.9 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Thanks! Finally my B550 Vision D (not D-P) has arrived! :D I already installed hackintosh and now I'm using this new EFI. What bios version are you using and what do you suggest to use? 2021/10/01 it was released the 14.d version with Windows 11 support.

Last edited:
Thanks! Finally my B550 Vision D (not D-P) has arrived! :D I already installed hackintosh and now I'm using this new EFI. What bios version are you using and what do you suggest to use? 2021/10/01 it was released the 14.d version with Windows 11 support.
Some comments:
  • Congratulations on the new B550 Vision D!! (An alternative is the Gigabyte X570S Aero G.)
  • I'm using BIOS F13:
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 1.24.40 PM.png

• When a BIOS version ends with a letter such as F14c or F14d, it means the BIOS is not yet final.
  • BIOS F13 works correctly with Windows 11. Just need to enable TPM in BIOS.

Last edited:
** Catalina Users **

If you're on OpenCore 0.7.4 please change SecureBootModel to Disabled. Mini-guide has been updated accordingly.

Update: This may not be strictly necessary.

Last edited:
@CaseySJ

I've been using BIOS F10 with my B550 Vision D without issues. Is there any technical reason, or added features, why I should upgrade to BIOS F13? If so, where do the EFI's for OC 0.7.4 and BIOS F10 and F13 differ?

Perhaps just leave what works for me alone?

You also suggest that for OC 0.7.4 and Catalina SecureBootModel be set to Disabled. I wonder why you suggest that? I primarily use Big Sur 11.6, but have Catalina installed, and use the same EFI for both with SecureBootModel set to Default which seems to work with both for me.

Thanks

@CaseySJ

I've been using BIOS F10 with my B550 Vision D without issues. Is there any technical reason, or added features, why I should upgrade to BIOS F13? If so, where do the EFI's for OC 0.7.4 and BIOS F10 and F13 differ?

Perhaps just leave what works for me alone?
To install Windows 11 it is necessary to upgrade the BIOS to F13 because the TPM implementation in BIOS F10 is not compatible with Windows 11. Fortunately everything works nicely in F13 with the revised OpenCore EFI, in which PCIe Device Paths had to be updated for some devices.

You also suggest that for OC 0.7.4 and Catalina SecureBootModel be set to Disabled. I wonder why you suggest that? I primarily use Big Sur 11.6, but have Catalina installed, and use the same EFI for both with SecureBootModel set to Default which seems to work with both for me.

Thanks
On the Gigabyte Z390 Designare and Z490 Vision D, the use of iMac19,1 conflicts with SecureBootModel set to anything other than Disabled (Catalina only). But perhaps on B550 Vision D it doesn't matter because we use iMacPro1,1...?

@CaseySJ

I went ahead and installed BIOS F13 on my B550 which was already using OC 0.7.4. After I remembered I had to modify the Kernel -> Patch section everything seems back to normal with Big Sur and Monterey Beta 8.

Thanks for your assistance!

Back