Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

@CaseySJ All is working on this new 073 hot plug as well as sleep!

Im NCMacGuy with no beta 7 showing. I cant wait unless you want me to verfiy a 074 build.

let me know ill be happy to help
glad this is working out!

@CaseySJ All is working on this new 073 hot plug as well as sleep!

Im NCMacGuy with no beta 7 showing. I cant wait unless you want me to verfiy a 074 build.

let me know ill be happy to help
glad this is working out!
Attached is the pre-release version of OpenCore 0.7.4. Steps needed for Monterey Public Beta 7:
  • Download and rename the top folder to just EFI
  • Copy serial numbers into config.plist --> PlatformInfo
  • Now we need to copy this EFI folder in two places:
    1. Copy it to the EFI partition of a USB flash disk -- but do not eject this EFI partition
    2. Copy it to the EFI partition of the internal macOS SSD -- then eject this EFI partition (very important)
  • Run latest version of OpenCore Configurator (v 2.25.0.0)
    • Then go its Settings menu and change it to OpenCore 0.7.4 Development Version (very important)
    • OpenCore Configurator will restart
  • OpenCore Configurator: Open config.plist from the EFI partition of the USB flash disk
    • Change SecureBootModel to j137 as shown and save the file
    • This change is only made to config.plist in the USB flash disk
Screen Shot 2021-09-25 at 1.16.56 PM.png

• Keep the USB flash disk connected
  • Reboot
  • At the Gigabyte Splash Screen press F12 to open the BIOS Boot Menu and select the USB flash disk (very important)
  • When OpenCore Picker appears, boot Monterey as usual and log in
  • Go to System Preferences --> Software Update
  • You should now see the option to update to Public Beta 7; begin the process
  • While the update is downloading, eject the USB flash disk and remove it from the computer
  • We will no longer use the USB flash disk
  • The Beta 7 update should proceed automatically from this point

Attachments

• EFI-mrfatcatt-074.zip
    8.1 MB · Views: 105
hmm, i did what you said and i was able to dl beta 7, upon relaunch and hitting the install partition it resets after 20 secs.

i think i need to confirm my hd efi is set and then do the following!

I rebooted and used the EFI on my boot drive which had Misc -> Security -> SecureBootModel set to "Disabled." With that the update completed satisfactorily and I finally have Monterey Public Beta 7 installed. which i think it is. ill double check ...

also note, I can use 0.74 to boot into existing beta and tb works like .73... looks fine.

#1/2 I have a StarTech Akikio and the Apple TB adapter..THEY ALL WORK HOT PLUGED, I just tried it. For me when I go from Windows to Monterey just doing hot plug is good, and I'm set when I get in macOS after a warm boot.

Hi @mrfatcatt

Which Thunderbolt card are you using? GC-Titan Ridge, GC-Maple Ridge...?

Thanks

Pretty sure this is the only card this board can run. I talk to Gigabyte Support before I brought it.
GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 2.0),

and this is not for the Vision D. This card is for 570 Aeros AMD.

** Minisforum HX-90 **

As it turns out I just received my bare bones HX-90 and I am typing this from Windows 11 that has just been installed. Memory (two 16GB DDR4 SO-DIMMs) and 512GB NVMe SSD were purchased separately from Amazon. I am happy to say:
  • The misspelling has been corrected. The box now reads AMD "Zen 3" Core Architecture.
  • There is no liquid metal residue. The motherboard (both sides) is squeaky clean.
  • Security screws have been replaced with conventional Philips-head screws.
  • As for the misleading claim of carbon fiber chassis, it really does not bother me.
Der Bauer has confirmed these changes in the retail version. He even compliments the liquid metal application. The only gripe now is about carbon fiber, which I am thankful they point out. I'm personally okay with this bit of 'marketing exaggeration' because the rest of the product is so good.

Last edited:
Pretty sure this is the only card this board can run. I talk to Gigabyte Support before I brought it.
GC-TITAN RIDGE (rev. 2.0),

Out of curiosity, which Geekbench score do you get with your system if you don't mind testing it?

Did you get onboard wireless features working as well?

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the new AMD Ryzen 5600G or 5700G on a Hackintosh?
Hello,
Purchase, an AMD RYZEN 7 5700 G, on my GIGABYTE B550 VISION D Card to replace my RYZEN 5 3600XT, and my RX 470 GPU,
the Vega 8 will work, it under BIG SUR or Monterey

Hello,
Purchase, an AMD RYZEN 7 5700 G, on my GIGABYTE B550 VISION D Card to replace my RYZEN 5 3600XT, and my RX 470 GPU,
@trooper85 to clarify you are saying the onboard graphics on the 5700G are working in both Big Sur and Monterey? If so that is huge news.

Hello,

@trooper85 to clarify you are saying the onboard graphics on the 5700G are working in both Big Sur and Monterey? If so that is huge news.
Yes, inquiring minds want to know more! ;)

@trooper85,

Please clarify:
  • Are you using OpenCore 0.7.3 on Gigabyte B550 Vision D from this thread?
  • Did you just replace Ryzen 5 3600XT with Ryzen 7 5700G and modify OSX-AMD patches 1, 2, and 3 to adjust for the new core count?
  • No other changes to EFI folder?
  • Now both Ryzen 5700G CPU and Ryzen 5700G iGPU are working in Big Sur and Monterey?

Back