Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Great thank you so much!

Do you have a PayPal donate link. I would like to send you a donation for all your hard work. :)

Great thank you so much!

Do you have a PayPal donate link. I would like to send you a donation for all your hard work. :)
Thanks for the sentiment! You are always welcome to contribute to the website instead to cover its operating costs. There's a Contribute button at the very top left of the page.

Screenshot #1 is the right one. Because there is no driver for your particular Nvidia GPU, macOS attaches the default VGA driver (IONDRVFramebuffer). Let me see if I can cook up a little SSDT to suppress that device.
@BillyBoy7,

Please try the attached SSDT as follows:
  • Copy the file to OC/EFI/Drivers folder
  • Add an entry in config.plist
  • Reboot
The SSDT has not been tested, so buyer beware!
Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 10.44.31 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-B550-VISION-D-BIOS-F13-DISABLE-SLOT-2-GPU.aml
    219 bytes · Views: 46
@CaseySJ

Thanks for trying. I added the SSDT and updated the config.plist in the EFI with Proper Tree (entry 19):

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 19.48.16.png

Unfortunately it still shows up under both System Report and IORegistry Explorer :(

Don't know why this is happening.

@CaseySJ

Thanks for trying. I added the SSDT and updated the config.plist in the EFI with Proper Tree (entry 19):

Unfortunately it still shows up under both System Report and IORegistry Explorer :(

Don't know why this is happening.
Let's take another look at IORegistryExplorer --> GPP9 section (i.e. please post updated screenshot).

Last edited:

Attachments

• SSDT-B550-VISION-D-BIOS-F13-DISABLE-SLOT-2-GPU.aml
    392 bytes · Views: 36
Last edited:
It worked! Thank you so much Casey! I can even keep the Nvidia as the initial display output in the BIOS and then use my DisplayPort switcher to switch perfectly to the Vega 56 during the MacOS boot!

Now the only thing I have to fix is my damn Thunderbolt 3.

CaseySJ or anyone else have you experienced this issue by any chance? In Windows both the Thunderbolt Controller -15EB and Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 sometimes disappear from Device Manager or are disabled/greyed out by the system due to a fault (the description provided when I click on either in Properties).

This is now causing the Hackintosh side to experience Panic's. They happen each time the system enters sleep (which by default on MacOS is 10 mins). The system ends up rebooting and the Report states the following:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff801978d8aa): "UPSB(MacPro7,1): thunderbolt power on failed 0xffffffff\n"@/System/Volumes/Data/SWE/macOS/BuildRoots/e90674e518/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/IOPCIFamily/IOPCIFamily-428.120.4/IOPCIBridge.cpp:1433

I checked my BIOS settings and confirmed that they are correct:

USB Type C with Titan Ridge Support - Enabled
Security Level - No Security
Memory Allocation Per Port (MB) - 128
Prefetch Memory Allocation Per Port (MB) - 32

I tested the two ports at the back. Whilst I don't have a Thunderbolt device at hand, I do have the Logitech Streamcam which uses a USB Type C connection. When I connected it, it works fine apart from when the damn system decides to disable the two controllers. I also checked the Intel Thunderbolt program that gets installed and it shows both ports as active but when the controllers get disabled they disappear.

Do you think it's a driver issue?

Back