Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

And I verified the issue on another MBP, same result: with the Cherry keyboard plugged in, my MBP won't sleep.
It's weird.
View attachment 527477
That is strange. Does the keyboard have ability to update firmware?

I use a Keychron K1 V4 mechanical keyboard -- sleep works fine with either Bluetooth or USB connection.

Hi CaseySJ, I'm stuck on Thunderbolt 3 and I need your advice...
Look, I'm using your EFI but with driver for F13 BIOS.
Driver is loaded but when I check IORegistryExplorer I can't see information about activated TB3.
Pluged devices also not working.
Where did I go wrong?
Look my screenshots... if you have a time of course...
sry for my english...
Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 18.36.49.png
Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 23.22.19.png
Screenshot 2021-08-22 at 18.39.09.png

Hi CaseySJ, I'm stuck on Thunderbolt 3 and I need your advice...
Look, I'm using your EFI but with driver for F13 BIOS.
Driver is loaded but when I check IORegistryExplorer I can't see information about activated TB3.
Pluged devices also not working.
Where did I go wrong?
Look my screenshots... if you have a time of course...
sry for my english...
I think you might have merged your previous OpenCore folder (for BIOS F10) with the new one for BIOS F13. The new OpenCore folder (for BIOS F13) does not have SSDT-B550-VISION-D-TB3-HOTPLUG.aml.

Please run HackinDROM App and use the Create EFI function to generate a new EFI folder, but import your PlatformInfo into it, like this:

Screen Shot 2021-08-22 at 4.12.40 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-22 at 4.12.55 PM.png
When the EFI folder is created, copy it to EFI partition of a USB flash drive for testing. Boot the system from the USB flash drive by pressing F12 at Gigabyte Splash Screen and selecting USB flash disk from the BIOS Boot Menu.

Which Thunderbolt devices are you using?

The new Asus ProArt X570-CREATOR will retail for US$429.99 starting August 30 September 6. This is extremely tempting...that's all I'll say for now. ;)

• Two Thunderbolt 4 ports and one DP-In port
  • WiFi 6E / BT 5.2
  • 10GbE and 2.5GbE
  • 3 M.2 slots (PCIe 4.0 on all)
  • HDMI port with 4K60 support
  • One internal USB-C Type E header
  • Three internal USB 2.0 headers
  • Does not have SPDIF/Optical output
The over-the-top Crosshair VIII Extreme (US$799) offers these extras:
  • Two Thunderbolt 4 ports and two DP-In ports
  • WiFi 6E / BT 5.2
  • 10GbE and 2.5GbE
  • 5 M.2 slots (PCIe 4.0 on all) -- 3 slots on motherboard, 2 slots on DIMM.2 riser card
  • HDMI port with 4K60 support
  • Two internal USB-C Type E headers (never seen that before; one of the ports offers PD3.0 60W charging)
  • Two internal USB 2.0 headers
  • Has SPDIF/Optical output
  • DIMM.2 slot
A recent leak of AMD's next generation AM5 chipset reveals:
  • PCIe 4.0 instead of PCIe 5.0.
    • This is perfectly okay in my opinion. We barely have PCIe 4.0 right now.
  • DDR5 memory.
    • Biggest generational leap since original DDR memory.
    • 8400 MT/s to 10,000 MT/s possible.
    • Much larger per-DIMM capacity:
      • As much as 128GB per module for consumers
      • As much as 2TB per module for servers
    • Boot Sequence Video on YouTube
AM5 will support at least the next 2 generations of AMD processors. No idea if they can be patched to run macOS.

Update: Ryzen 6000 processors will include RDNA2-based iGPU. Some SKUs may be offered with iGPU disabled.

Last edited:
Now that Parallels 17 is out, could anyone try it and check whether they reintroduced support to AMD Ryzens? I highly doubt it, but can we double check it?

Now that Parallels 17 is out, could anyone try it and check whether they reintroduced support to AMD Ryzens? I highly doubt it, but can we double check it?
I was also hoping for a better outcome, but alas...

Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 2.36.18 PM.png

I was also hoping for a better outcome, but alas...

That's a terrible new. I was hoping to replace my 10900k with a 59xx but I have to forget it...
Who knows what happens when Fusion 13 is released? But the chances are close to zero I guess.
Thanks a lot for testing it.

Have any of you experienced issues with enable TPM and Secure Boot and OS X? I had weird issues, making me drop trying out Win11 on a separate drive. My bluetooth was crossed out in the menu bar, and gone from the System preferences.

Have any of you experienced issues with enable TPM and Secure Boot and OS X? I had weird issues, making me drop trying out Win11 on a separate drive. My bluetooth was crossed out in the menu bar, and gone from the System preferences.

After you have been in Windows, it is often necessary to do a full COLD boot to get Bluetooth and/or Wifi working properly in macOS.

Windows installs its own firmware to the BT/Wifi module and the only way to clear it so macOS can install its own version is to cold boot.

Simply unplug the power cable for > 10 seconds. Plug back in and boot straight into macOS and it should be back to normal. It has absolutely nothing to do with TPM or Secure Boot so you can enable them to install Win11 and leave them enabled - just cold boot after going into Windows.

Back