Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

Oh, I thought the Ethernet can be fixed. IT wasn't it working in OC 0.7.1 by @mrfatcatt? So I will try some other methods. Thanks!

Oh, I thought the Ethernet can be fixed. IT wasn't it working in OC 0.7.1 by @mrfatcatt? So I will try some other methods. Thanks!
We initially thought it worked, but like other owners of AMD motherboards with on-board i225-V ports, it actually didn't work. Hopefully someone will find a solution if it exists...

I plugged in a ethernet cable, it shows as self-assigned IP, and after a while, it go black screen and reboot.
Random reboots on AMD hacks are often down to an incorrect MMIO Whitelist. The Whitelist is usually different for each motherboard, even those by the same manufacturer. It also often changes with each BIOS revision.

You should discover what yours are, using the Debug Version of Opencore, do the maths (convert from Hex to Dec) and then update your config.plist

Just tried this method from the post:
Solution that worked for me:

1. Disable FakePCIID.kext and FakePCDID_Intel_i225-V.kext in config.plist,
2. remove everything concerning i225 in DeviceProperties/Add/PciRoot...
3. add "dk.e1000=0" (without quotes) to boot-args.

It works! I can go to safari, google and download things, even after around 30 mins, so it seems stable.

It works! I can go to safari, google and download things, even after around 30 mins, so it seems stable.
Awesome! I'll make those changes to the EFI for B550 Vision D-P.

P.S. We tried that before but it didn't seem to work. Anyway, it seems you've confirmed it.

Hey, id like to see some proof that you got networking working with Monterey public beta on this Gigabyte B550 Vision D mobo please :)

@CaseySJ have you been able to test 8k Video on Youtube with Safari and get the decoding done with the dGPU on Monterey PB?

I got to test it with my Z390 Designare with igpu and gotten acceleration working. CPU usage very low around 8-10% only.

@CaseySJ have you been able to test 8k Video on Youtube with Safari and get the decoding done with the dGPU on Monterey PB?

I got to test it with my Z390 Designare with igpu and gotten acceleration working. CPU usage very low around 8-10% only.
I can try this soon.

Update, the i225v only works if I plugged the Ethernet in before switch on the Mac.
If I unplugged it, and then turn it on, it will go into kernel panic after I log in shortly after.
And after I got it working and switched on, I can unplug and plug it no problem.

and BTW I think I should add in a screenshot if any of you are interested.

As for testing Monterey beta @xtreem.p , since I'm already daily-ing the machine, I will have to find another SSD to install it first...

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 9.12.35 PM.png
    Screenshot 2021-08-14 at 9.12.35 PM.png
    792.7 KB · Views: 59
Hey, id like to see some proof that you got networking working with Monterey public beta on this Gigabyte B550 Vision D mobo please :)

@xtreem.p I believe issssac's marginal success with Ethernet is with a Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P board running Big Sur. Ethernet runs fine on my Gigabyte B550 Vision D running Big Sur, but fails under Monterey Beta 4, even trying the suggestions in the quoted post. Will see what happens with the Monterey release version.

I had posted earlier a "kludge" using a USB-C hub plugged into a TB port which provided Ethernet.

Back