Contribute
Register

Gigabyte B550 Vision D (Thunderbolt 3) + AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + AMD RX 5600 XT

I would love to try it but I have flashed my Thunderbolt controller - is yours flashed too? If so, does your Thunderbolt bus work? I needed to flash my Thunderbolt controller to get the LG 5K to work properly...
My Thunderbolt bus hasn't been flashed and no doesn't work (much) yet. But it can boot fully and run Big Sur no problem.

You see now why we keep telling people to avoid the latest BIOS releases (those with Resizeable BAR support)!! :)
hi @CaseySJ I know! I know! But with my new RX6800 I cannot boot into MacOS without BIOS F12 or F13g. My flashed onboard Thunderbolt it not working under this BIOS (and maybe F10 but I can't boot into that) I am using your guide from the start of this post. Oddly I can see the LG 5K here and it does display an image, but a janky non HiDPI image.

Has anybody gotten a flashed, on-board Thunderbolt controller to work with anything but the F10 BIOS?

Attachments

• 2021-07-01_10-17-34.png
    2021-07-01_10-17-34.png
    197.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 2021-07-01_10-19-07.png
    2021-07-01_10-19-07.png
    122 KB · Views: 45
  • 2021-07-01_10-19-37.png
    2021-07-01_10-19-37.png
    309.6 KB · Views: 48
Anyone wanting to test Monterey with an AMD CPU, new patches have been release. Beware though that they only work with the Beta 1 release, NOT Beta 2 atm.

https://forum.amd-osx.com/index.php?threads/macos-monterey-patches-released.1892/

Beware that some updated kexts are needed/recommended that support Monterey. They can be downloaded from HERE. That link goes directly to the WhateverGreen one but the others are available from the dropdown list (top left).

Download the top Release one, which is the latest build.

Last edited:
** OpenCore 0.7.1 EFI for B550 Vision D **
Please do not quote this post in its entirely. Use a link instead.
Supports Catalina and Big Sur (not Monterey)
(amd-osx kernel patches are not yet available for Monterey Public Beta)

Update to OpenCore 0.7.1 using HackinDROM App

If making manual changes to OpenCore config.plist, please ensure that OpenCore Configurator is set to either 0.7.1 Development Version or 0.7.1 Release Version

This update includes:

1. OpenCore 0.7.1
2. VirtualSMC 1.2.5
3. NVMeFix 1.0.9
4. AppleALC 1.6.2
5. Lilu 1.5.4
6. NVMeFix 1.0.9
7. WhateverGreen 1.5.1
8. AirportBrcm 2.1.3
9. BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.0
10. RestrictEvents 1.0.3 (added, but not enabled; this is for MacPro7,1 users)

Changes to config.plist:
  • None

Reminder:
  • Radeon VII users must disable boot argument agdpmod=pikera. Vega user may need to do the same.

If using OpenCore Configurator, please ensure it is set to 0.7.1 Development Version or 0.7.1 Release Version.

For manual update purposes, the ZIP file is attached below.

Attachments

• EFI-071-B550-VISION-D.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 159
@CaseySJ any chance of a .071 update for vision d-p board. i really wanna keep this motherboard. There is a new bios on tweak town we can take a second look at getting the tb port working if you have some time next few days???

Best

@CaseySJ any chance of a .071 update for vision d-p board. i really wanna keep this motherboard. There is a new bios on tweak town we can take a second look at getting the tb port working if you have some time next few days???

Best
Sure...I can upload 0.7.1 for the B550 Vision D-P in the morning.

Have any of you experienced Bluetooth not working, when waking from sleep? I use a Magic Mouse and a Magic Keyboard, and they do not respond when I wake the machine.

Best

Sure...I can upload 0.7.1 for the B550 Vision D-P in the morning.
OpenCore 0.7.1 for B550 Vision D-P is available now from HackinDROM App.

ok here is vision dpf12l bios ,oc .071 is good with ethernet ports. nice buddy :)!!! .my bluetooth doest work, again i dont care about wifi cause i dont have broadcom. ill try a cold boot but the rme ufx+ but still is not working ....here is the screenshot of pci and ioreg...i will then downgrade to f2 then try f11 then go back to stock f12g and each time ill post ioreg to see if there is any pattern for thunderbolt issue cool?

Attachments

• pci f12L.png
    pci f12L.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 43
  • visiondpf12L ioreg.ioreg
    10.1 MB · Views: 42
Back